SOLD 2003 Lexus LX 470 - 74K miles, Texas kept (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
White
Hi all, Im selling a 2003 LX 470 that I've had for a little less than 9 months and I've put about . I bought the car for my wife but she doesn't drive it much partly due to covid and partly due to the sheer size of it. I can't use it as my commute is 100+ miles a day.

I bought the car from a local dealer here in Houston. at 65K ish miles. It's been in Houston all its life as far as I can tell. No undercarriage rust.

The car does have an accident report on Carfax, the dealer I got it from thinks it's a rear bumper fender bender just because bumper looks like it's been replaced.

Servicing done by me since I've had the car:
New battery
New alternator
Valve cover gasket replaced
Hood struts replaced
New timing belt at 72K miles
Brake fluid replacement
All speakers have been replaced with Alpine, and I also added a Bluetooth receiver as well as a new Kenwood sub and amp.

Known flaws:
Bumpers, front and rear has some body damage ( I didn't care and bought the car with it) - included in pics
Brake booster / master cylinder will likely need to be replaced soon - I've had the booster noise come up a few times and posted it here when it first happened, but I haven't heard it in months. I've taken it two indy shops and it's not reproducible at all and just happens very randomly. Forum posters here have pointed out that it's likely the Brake booster that will need to be replaced; I was going to replace it with timing belt change, but it was never reproducible and car's been driving fine so I've left it alone. Car's now just sitting in the driveway and would do much better in the hands of someone else who has time to rig this out enjoy it.

Asking $21.5K.

IMG_20200712_095334.jpg

IMG_20200712_095320.jpg

IMG_20200712_095412.jpg

IMG_20200712_095423.jpg

IMG_20200712_095352.jpg

Seats are working, got em fixed.
As far as as the CV boot leaks - not sure if the 42k one was never fixed or if it recurred, but yes there are leaks there. It was likely there when I bought the car but I never got em checked. AHC works well.
Thank you

how about the steering wheel ? Has that been fixed ?

So boots went bad in another 30 k Miles?
Not enough info. Possibly the outers were addressed at 42k and now the inners are showing? To what extent did the Javier's tech see leakage (possibly not "bad" at all)? Maybe those addressed at 42k indeed are reoccurring... because the owner brought some crap OE boots in from Rockauto? Or because the CV's only turned 30k miles in over a decade since? Not uncommon at all for these kind of things at seals on a car that sits, regardless of make/model... and not that big a worry frankly, if one is already inclined to get into an 18 yo truck. Even the low milers have a bit of some kind of issue, somewhere. BTW Javier's is well-respected by the LC community here and I suspect the PPI results follow from thorough scrutiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom