2002 Sequoia alarm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 2002 Sequoia that a buddy found for me to use while I'm in the States for a few months. Just drove it today for the first time and keep running into problems with the alarm/theft-prevention system.

Apparently, I can only lock the vehicle with the remote fob or it will go nuts. If I move the wrong way while sitting in the house and the panic button gets squashed in my pocket (I assume), it goes nuts.

Is there any way to just shut it off?

I've got a 2002 Sequoia that a buddy found for me to use while I'm in the States for a few months. Just drove it today for the first time and keep running into problems with the alarm/theft-prevention system.

Apparently, I can only lock the vehicle with the remote fob or it will go nuts. If I move the wrong way while sitting in the house and the panic button gets squashed in my pocket (I assume), it goes nuts.

Is there any way to just shut it off?
Factory alarm?

Factory alarm?

Yes.

Although I had a chat with the PO about it and he said the fobs are not factory. My wife never seems to have a problem with it, so we're thinking that it might just be a sensitivity/weakness in my fob. :rolleyes:

how sure are you that its a factory alarm, could be an aftermarket unit that was designed to work with the factory fobs. check under the dash for a load of wire spaghetti that is indicative of an aftermarket unit

how sure are you that its a factory alarm, could be an aftermarket unit that was designed to work with the factory fobs. check under the dash for a load of wire spaghetti that is indicative of an aftermarket unit

It does have a factory alarm and I haven't seen anything to make me think there's an aftermarket unit.

My wife never had problems with it, so I took the button out of the Panic circuit on my fob and I haven't had any trouble with it since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom