2001 Petrol FZJ105R - where is the MAP and/or MAF sensor please? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Based on some issues I am experiencing and researching here and on other sites I would like to clean or at least have a look at the MAF sensor (or does it only have a MAP?) - I had a look at the air intake pipes and in the general vicinity and obviously I am being dumb as just cant see it - any tips/advice gratefully received! - cheers

20240228_172727.jpg

20240228_172745.jpg

Yes, that is the Mass airflow sensor you are pointing the arrow to. Why there is a round hole right next to it? That hole can suck air in and can throw off MAF sensor.
20240228_172727.jpg

Yes, that is the Mass airflow sensor you are pointing the arrow to. Why there is a round hole right next to it? That hole can suck air in and can throw off MAF sensor. View attachment 3569337
Thanks Kamran - I thought that might be the air temp sensor as looks like the part here: Air Temp Sensor For Toyota FZJ105R Landcruiser 4.5ltr 1FZFE 1998-2002 - https://www.autopartssupply.com.au/toyota-landcruiser-air-temp-sensor-4.5ltr-1fzfe-fz~80303 - regarding the giant hole I have no idea but did think the same!

Wait a second, don't purchase anything. I have looked at the diagram of your car's engine and I don't see MAF sensor in the newer version of 1FZFE engine. I had an 80 series for a long time with 1FZFE and that had MAF exactly in the same spot where you pointed the arrow to.
Toyota made some changes to 1FZFE in 1998 and got rid of ignition distributor and introduced ignition coils.
Go to this website and then go to Air Cleaner category, you will see there is no MAF listed there. Click Here
Regarding the hole I pointed to, that does come from the factory like this, that hole wasn't there in older versions of 1FZFE. I found a picture of another 105 series on the internet and that seems to have the same hole in the air intake duct.
Maybe @OGBeno can help you in this regard.
FZJ105R-GNPNKQ 00 WHITE web ready021.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom