2000 LX transmission compatibility options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,
I have a 2000 lx that ate it's transmission at 136k. When looking on carpart is says that from 98-02 are compatible but I do know that there are differences between them so I'm asking here. Also can I source the trans from a tundra of similar vintage if it's still an A343f?
Thanks in advance,
Eldgen.

Hi Guys,
I have a 2000 lx that ate it's transmission at 136k. When looking on carpart is says that from 98-02 are compatible but I do know that there are differences between them so I'm asking here. Also can I source the trans from a tundra of similar vintage if it's still an A343f?
Thanks in advance,
Eldgen.

The 100 xcase won’t mount to the tundra trans.

The 100 xcase won’t mount to the tundra trans.
Thank you for that, now i'm down to what year? 98-00 have the same part # but there is a low mileage 2002 close by which is how i'm leaning but need to know before I pay for it. Anyone know if that one will work?

i was thinking the same thing when my 2000 trans went. My final turn off was that the 00 and the 02 had different part numbers. That was enough to scare me off from a high dollar purchase. In the end, a toyota reman until was 1600 after core charge. I couldnt pull myself to take an $800 gamble hoping it was actually low mileage. I MIGHT have take that gamble if i was doing the replacement but since it was a pretty bad failure i needed the hot flush of the lines which i wouldve had to have the vehicle trailer to and from the trans shop to have done so the grand to have them to all the work was a wash once that was factored in. All together it was about $3k after reman trans, labor, flush, ect

I had mine rebuilt by transmission shop. Lasted a couple years. 2nd time around, I just went with Toyota reman, put in by independent shop. Was a little over $3k for parts/labor and Toyota warranty.

I had mine rebuilt by transmission shop. Lasted a couple years. 2nd time around, I just went with Toyota reman, put in by independent shop. Was a little over $3k for parts/labor and Toyota warranty.

My independent shop had a longer and higher mileage warranty then a toyota unit but i had to believe that a company (even if outsourced) that put together 100s or these remans would have to do a more consistent (for me more valuable then "better") job then my local guy no matter how knowledgeable and well informed he is. And it was the same price.

If you do go a re-man route. Toyota will obviously be cheaper then lexus, but make sure you have in writing that you can return a lexus Vin transmission even though they carry the same part number to re-coup the core charge. this was no less then 3 30 minute conversations before ordering the part and then another 30 minute convo when returning the old trans.

i was thinking the same thing when my 2000 trans went. My final turn off was that the 00 and the 02 had different part numbers. That was enough to scare me off from a high dollar purchase. In the end, a toyota reman until was 1600 after core charge. I couldnt pull myself to take an $800 gamble hoping it was actually low mileage. I MIGHT have take that gamble if i was doing the replacement but since it was a pretty bad failure i needed the hot flush of the lines which i wouldve had to have the vehicle trailer to and from the trans shop to have done so the grand to have them to all the work was a wash once that was factored in. All together it was about $3k after reman trans, labor, flush, ect
Where did you get the trans for that price? My local Toyota quoted me over 3k just for the reman transmission.

My 2000 LX 470 just started showing signs of needing a new transmission, so I am following this post closely. Was there ever an answer to the question of being able to use 98-02 models in the 2000?
My local independent shop quoted $3800 for reman.

You guys are scaring me. My 2000 470 has 218k miles and i think the trans feels fine. What are the signs of failure?

You guys are scaring me. My 2000 470 has 218k miles and i think the trans feels fine. What are the signs of failure?

My understanding is there isn't reallly much warning. It just goes. I had a 2000 and was always worried about it. Now I have an 03 and don't worry about it at all. I just worry about the nav screen going out...

My 2000 LX 470 just started showing signs of needing a new transmission, so I am following this post closely. Was there ever an answer to the question of being able to use 98-02 models in the 2000?
My local independent shop quoted $3800 for reman.

Find an online Toyota parts dealer ( i used coniceli toyota) and get a trans quote i think it was about 2k after core charge and fluid and my local trans shop charged 1000 for labor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom