Parting Out 2000 Lexus LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Update 11/21/16 - I have decided to sell the entire truck as is, which presently includes ARB front bumper, Frontrunner slimline rack with accessories, and slee sliders. The bumper has a 9.5XP Warn winch (with a inop solenoid) and three 240mm Lightforce aux lights. Also, the truck has a frontrummer 45 gal. aux tank. Problems with the truck are: undercarriage rust, broken suspension line, loud muffler (needs replaced), issue with brakes (pedal goes to the floor so lost fluid likely due to a brake line), and no rear bumper (sold the Slee bumper I had on it and I haven't replaced it). Engine is in great condition given 200k miles (never an issue). I have all receipts since new. Interior is decent, but leather is worn.

All reasonable offers considered.

-----------

I am parting out my beloved LX due to irreparable rust issues. I have everything except front and rear bumpers, 3rd row seats, and OEM roof rack. I am not very mechanically incline but will do my best to remove desirable parts. Prices are negotiable.

Edit - someone could do me a favor and take the entire truck off my hands as is - I would be open to a reasonable price.

Last edited by a moderator:
What color interior?

Sorry about the rust stuff man, I feel ya there...

It is ivory (beige but I believe Lexus called it ivory).

PM sent. Thank you!

Guess I'll post here I am interested in your mirror control switch assembly, :)

depending on price color and condition I would be interested in the steering wheel

The steering wheel is fairly worn but will send pics this weekend. I wouldn't begin to know how to remove it though.

What are the irreparable rust issues? Frame?

Yes, frame. I lost a AHC line and the entire suspension needs replaced - the rust is so bad my trusted mechanic said it would be virtually impossible to replace without major fabrication. Also, every single bolt is rusted and would likely break during removal.

The steering wheel is fairly worn but will send pics this weekend. I wouldn't begin to know how to remove it though.

We'll be sure the vehicle is where you want it to be for awhile unless you have vice grips,
Most I prtant thing is remove - battery terminal if you haven't already and wait over 90 seconds, then it's. Torx bit for the air bag, one on each side. The connections are self explanatory but check online...
Remember to place the air bag right side up on a safe surface away from anything you don't want protected at you.

Steering wheel is just a large nut...

If you need some pages from a FSM scanned and PMed I could help but not until Sunday...

Yes, frame. I lost a AHC line and the entire suspension needs replaced - the rust is so bad my trusted mechanic said it would be virtually impossible to replace without major fabrication. Also, every single bolt is rusted and would likely break during removal.

Where did this LX live most of its life?

I am the original owner and it has been on SW Ohio for all 16 years.

10-4,

Just curious...

I'll await the pictures we spoke of,

Have a good weekend and Happy Veterans Day!

What color is it body?
Can you post picture?
What would you think reasonable off for whole rig?

I'm be interested in:
Carpet.
Shift knob.
Seat skins (no holes or tears).
Switch PW on consol.
Exhaust manifold DS (no leaks).
Fuel injectors.
Throttle body.
Engine cover.
Front shocks (no leak)
Front drive shafts (CV's,) (OEM only)

And more,,,,....

Last edited:
Yikes, that is a lot - and a lot of work for me to remove.

The truck is green and interior ivory.

Not great after 16 years and parked outside 95% of the time, but I will take photos.

Pm sent for interior door panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom