2000 LC Dash Lighting Issue / LC Gurus In or Near Indiana (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Posting for an elderly fam member in Indiana who has a 2000 LC with dash lighting issues (backlights for speedo and tach not working at all). They are located in Indiana and their Toyota dealer is telling them they do not have means to troubleshoot/repair, and parts would not be available. This is the extent of my knowledge at this point, since I'm a few hours away, and fam member is not tech savvy with phone pics, internet etc.

Wondering if anyone could point to a good tech, even another Toyota dealer that might be able to help. Prefer central Indiana or central Ohio if possible. This LC is well maintained and their 'baby' so we're open to suggestions and maybe travel a little further if necessary. I've looked in the Indiana local forum and it's not seen much action lately, but if thread needs moved let me know.

Thanks

To get a little more detail, discussed with dealer directly. They are saying the lights are integrated into the instrument cluster, and not serviceable. Also, replacement cluster is no longer available from Toyota. Any tips/links for salvage parts would be appreciated. Also open to any aftermarket lighting sources that may be an option. Thanks

To get a little more detail, discussed with dealer directly. They are saying the lights are integrated into the instrument cluster, and not serviceable. Also, replacement cluster is no longer available from Toyota. Any tips/links for salvage parts would be appreciated. Also open to any aftermarket lighting sources that may be an option. Thanks
I haven't personally pulled the instrument panel out yet but I have been succesful in pulling and replacing other small bulbs throughout the dash and center console. I would think the instrument cluster has similar bulbs that can be pulled and removed.

Start with this thread and work our way around
>>"D" light and "O/D" Light replacement - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/d-light-and-o-d-light-replacement.737360/

In regards to removal for someone who replaced the D light
1649865935842.png

A mention in this build thread hints to the bulbs being a standard #74 bulb.
>>Builds - CruiseOrlando's Build Thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cruiseorlandos-build-thread.588309/page-4#post-7829859

Hello,

Posting for an elderly fam member in Indiana who has a 2000 LC with dash lighting issues (backlights for speedo and tach not working at all). They are located in Indiana and their Toyota dealer is telling them they do not have means to troubleshoot/repair, and parts would not be available. This is the extent of my knowledge at this point, since I'm a few hours away, and fam member is not tech savvy with phone pics, internet etc.

Wondering if anyone could point to a good tech, even another Toyota dealer that might be able to help. Prefer central Indiana or central Ohio if possible. This LC is well maintained and their 'baby' so we're open to suggestions and maybe travel a little further if necessary. I've looked in the Indiana local forum and it's not seen much action lately, but if thread needs moved let me know.

Thanks
perhaps, @Eric Sarjeant can assist. He is the general manager of Ed martin Toyota in Indiana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom