200 series pre-LCDC Moab and Ouray trip (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As trails go I don't think anything was above a 6 (which was really just the Doll House, otherwise I'd rate them as a 5), but they were still a solid challenge, especially knowing we were absolutely on our own to choose lines and to perform any recovery required if things went sideways.

Incidentally, @sdnative was relaxed and a total pro. While @TheGrrrrr and I were armored up and on 34s, Eric did everything in an almost stock truck, save for a set of ARB skids, a basic OME Nitro 2" lift, and I believe he was on 33s. No bumpers, no lockers, no sliders, no winch. Proof that the right lines make a huge difference... unlike yours truly who had a chance to test out his ASFIR transfer case skid. (Which BTW did its job and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend as cost effective protection for those overlanding but not trying to beat the holy hell out of your rig)

View attachment 3586047

I'm not even sure I would put Doll House obstacles at a 6. I'd say 5 for the tricky obstacle, 4 for the stuff around Doll House itself and the rest is a 2/3 based on Cruise Moab ratings. That doesn't discount what Eric accomplished from the driver seat. He certainly outclassed me in avoiding contact underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom