LCDC 10 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I definitely plan to be there next year, so long as they do a better job about putting out location and date info with enough advance notice. I really wanted to attend this year but I simply had to commit to time off prior to the final announcement. Looking forward to seeing everyone's pics and hearing some stories. Heading up there ourselves in 72 hours.

They did announce the location and dates at the closing event of LCDC 9:

LCDC 10
Dates: July 29 - Aug 1.

It’s planned to be a larger event in terms of trucks. I think Cody said 120 trucked will be allowed in.

@mcgaskins, @TheGrrrrr and I were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful American Basin was just off Cinnamon Pass. Since I bailed a day early out of Ouray this year my plan is to do a tour of the gulches and basins next year on one or two days. Expect an offer for me to lead a smaller than normal group through some new trails into those places the LCDC typically skips. And Imogene and of course because it’s beautiful and Gabe needs to earn that badge of honor too. :)

Happy to see the thread pop up already, lol. We have a couple things to do to wrap up this year's event and then we'll move straight into planning for next year. Just checked in with the Montrose USFS field office today in fact.

To @Tex68w's point, folks are free to reach out to us directly if there are questions about the event prior to any official announcements. We'll share whatever information we can to help people make their plans in advance. We definitely don't share much information publicly unless we're certain about it and this year's curveballs definitely put us behind schedule.

Would they do black bear pass?

It was on the list last time LCDC was in Ouray. Hard to imagine it not being an official trail. IMO, it’s kinda a must do at least once. It’s not a difficult trail from a technical standpoint. It’s the exposure that creates the pucker. An event like LCDC is a great time to run that trail for the first time.

That LCDC fav trail, but as usual, it’s all depend on the snow melt and the good work on both San Juan county crew & San Miguel county crew on getting the trail open.

The trail is not open (yet) this year due to heavy snow. Both county crew able to get Imogene pass open just a few days ago.

I hope they get Black Bear open by next week. Mad that they opened Imogene but then it'll be closed again while we are there next week. It's always something with the passes.

I hope they get Black Bear open by next week. Mad that they opened Imogene but then it'll be closed again while we are there next week. It's always something with the passes.
Craziest snow in many years… Surprised it was open at all yet.

Craziest snow in many years… Surprised it was open at all yet.

Crazy because of the late snow, but 2019 had a much higher snowfall accumulation by over 140"+ more and they had everything open by the last week of July. That was a 500 year snow and the avalanche cleanup was insane and we did all of the passes that year without issue the last week of July.

Crazy because of the late snow, but 2019 had a much higher snowfall accumulation by over 140"+ more and they had everything open by the last week of July. That was a 500 year snow and the avalanche cleanup was insane and we did all of the passes that year without issue the last week of July.
Ya, maybe my assumption was incorrect. Fort Collins got way more snow than 2019, but perhaps Ouray did not?

Ya, maybe my assumption was incorrect. Fort Collins got way more snow than 2019, but perhaps Ouray did not?
I was pulling Telluride numbers, they are below 200" for this 22/23 season and they were at 323" for 18/19.

Thanks for starting the “unofficial” LCDC10 thread! To make sure everyone is on the same page the dates are not set in stone until we can get confirmation on a few things. All official dates, locations and registration will come via email through LCDC. Please sign up to receive all communication via www.landcruiserdc.com

Great to have the information on dates early for next year! I will plan to be in attendance as we'll be in CO for the majority of July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom