200 Series OEM Shocks too soft need replacement aftermarket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone,

Need some help please. I have a 2008 200 series with 140k miles. I have replaced all shocks before at 70k miles because it was leaking and bouncing like a boat. Now I am in the same boat at 140k miles. It feels very soft, bouncy and dangerous on the freeway. I am looking for replacement shocks that has a little stiffer ride than stock and also it would be nice if it would last a little longer. I do not want to lift and prefer to stay away from adjustable shocks. I had good luck with Bilstien in the past but do not know if that is good enough for the 200. I am also thinking if I should replace the stock springs with new stock ones as it has 140k miles? I have Nitto Terra Grapplers with 285/65 18. Also where is a good place to buy the suggested shocks?

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance!

You sound like a perfect candidate for Koni 90 Raids

Well, if you decide you need a set of OEM springs, I have a set sitting in my garage now collecting dust. I will sell them for super cheap!

Koni 90 or 88 series should be considered. You should check that your KDSS valves are closed. I recall another member reported finding his open after noticing similar dangerous performance from the suspension.

BJowett would be the source for koni shocks.

Last edited:
I 'd also go for the new OEM springs, it will feel like a new truck. Did with my 100 with the OME install.
OK sounds good I will replace all springs thanks

Well, if you decide you need a set of OEM springs, I have a set sitting in my garage now collecting dust. I will sell them for super cheap!
I will look into this Koni and let me PM you on the springs thanks

Koni 90 or 88 series should be considered. You should check that your KDSS valves are closed. I recall another member reported finding his open after noticing similar dangerous performance from the suspension.

BJowett would be the source for koni shocks.
I actually did the replacement of all 4 shocks before. The valves were closed before I started work and I made sure it was closed when I finished the work. I followed the instructions very carefully all the way to tightening when all 4 wheels are on the ground. It rode nice just like when it was new, I think the shocks just cannot take the weight for so long. Thank you for looking out and I will also check out the Koni 88 and BJowett...

Anybody have the part numbers for the stock springs?

I just realize MScruiser is far. Shipping will be expensive MScruiser, sorry.

Thank you for all the reply Mudders!

No problemo. Yeah, the shipping would be killer.

Plenty of west coast guys on the board that have lift kits and only OEM springs collecting dust.

No problemo. Yeah, the shipping would be killer.

Plenty of west coast guys on the board that have lift kits and only OEM springs collecting dust.
Thanks MScruiser.

Who has OEM springs out there, Southern California?

Mudders what do you guys think of the Bilstein?

I had bilsteins, then Radflos, and now Koni 90 raids.
bilstein HDs were too stiff for me.

Brian Jowett is working on a new bilstein but I love the Konis( also from Brian).
A big truck needs a big shock. These are pretty much overkill but they do tame the ride.
My 30 min north of Manhattan. Come borrow my truck.

Hi everyone,

I jut upgraded my original shocks, to Koni Raid. The bad surprise was when I tried to fit them with OME Springs. It does not fit ! No OME fits Koni as all of them are too narrow. So for now I'm stuck with the Toyota original springs, but I really need that 2" lift. I am desperate in finding a right reference for my Koni. I'm ordering from France so we might not have the same products than US or Australia. But If anyone has installed those shock with a 2" lift I'd be very grateful if you could give me your fit ! Thanks a lot !

Maybe one day Arich thanks!

Ag200 just ordered Bilstein on Amazon. How many miles do you have on your set? I put a lot of miles on mine.

Thanks for the info Archimald and Streetroamer!

I only put a few thousand miles on the Konis. Theyre great but do need a heavier spring. They're in the garage now as I'm testing a new set of Bilsteins for Brian Jowett.

If you're interested in the Konis let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom