200 Series Maintenance in Dallas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just recently moved to the DFW area (Dallas proper) and need to get some maintenance done on my 2013 LX. It's getting to the age where I'd like to find a reputable shop to take it to other than just the dealer. I've already been over to Sewell Lexus for some misc parts, and while it's a nice dealer, the cost is too high for general maintenance imo.

I need some brake work done I believe as I'm hearing a slight metal on metal sound while moving.

Searching around the forums I've heard a few names thrown around consistently. Mainly:

- Dadja
- Goode

I tried calling Goode's last week, left a short message, but they didn't get back to me. Not a red flag per se, but not a great first impression. Any advice welcome. My garage setup is too small right now to tackle projects or else I'd just do things myself.

I've had work done primarily by Tandem Offroad and always been happy--I've also had work done by Goode's as well. Goode's is a Land Cruiser nut, but my general impression is that he tends to favor the older stuff and restorations (not to say he doesn't work on newer stuff, I know well he does from myself and another local with a 200). One of the owners of Tandem has a JDM 80 series and he's a Toyota/Land Cruiser nut as well. I've had great experiences with both shops, just the way it's worked out had Tandem do most of it

Yeah, looking at the posts/reviews of Goode's, I got the vibe that it was an older Cruiser shop as well.

I'll give Tandem a look/call. I don't mind the drive if the quality is there. Thanks!

I can recommend Goode's, he re-built the axles on my 80 last spring and got it turned back around quicker than I expected. He also was pretty good about talking me through my options for that job and gave me a few invaluable tips that fixed a few other issues I was having. You might try texting, that seemed to be his preferred method of contact.

Yeah, looking at the posts/reviews of Goode's, I got the vibe that it was an older Cruiser shop as well.

I'll give Tandem a look/call. I don't mind the drive if the quality is there. Thanks!

Just a warning right now we are about a week away from Toyota Jamboree and they're always a big vendor/sponsor so it may be difficult to get ahold of them

No on Goode or Dadja.

PM me.

Mike (Goode) has been my guy for...probably 5+ years now. Awesome dude, great work but not sure if he's taking customers at the moment with how swamped he's been. He's also out of the country at the moment for 6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom