SOLD 2 PTO Winches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
I have two PTO winches, which I believe are complete. They came with a restoration so I do not know how they operate. I do not want to part out. They are very heavy so I do not think shipping would be an option due to weight. $800 each

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great price! Anyone know what the difference is (gearing) in the two PTO TC units shown?

Great price! Anyone know what the difference is (gearing) in the two PTO TC units shown?

I have never seen a PTO made for a one piece transfer case that is single direction. This do not have the small reverse idler gear inside. Unfortunately on the two direction PTO the idler gear is used while running the cable in. It allows an option of multiple gear ratios thru the transmission. 11/84 single direction became standard. The worm gear in the winch reversed at the same time. So forward transmission gears were used while cabling in.

I visual inspection of the inside help. On the split transfer case PTO the gear mated transfer case is the one that slide on the single direction. On the two direction it's the output gear that slides.

I would also check the winches by spinning the input shaft and see if they move the same direction. I am wondering if this PTO was used to drive and accessory like a pump. Think the fire engines water pumps were driven off the rear PTO. But never seen one.

@Engineer8000 glad to help anyway I can. First thing you probably need is a PTO with sixteen splines for the transfer case. Three speed ten spline was standard. Most four speeds with sixteen splines had a spacer. That shouldn't be to hard to find if you don't have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom