2 burner stove (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was at Sportsman's Warehouse this week and noticed a real nice looking dual burner stove that is similar to the Partner Steel stove except it contains two 30K (or maybe they were 35K) burners. Damned if I can remember the manufacturer. FYI: SW does not have on-line ordering...but if you have one in your town and you are looking for a nicely designed stove with 30+k burners then check it out.

Next time I go there I'll post up the manufacturer of this stove.

I ran across this in my quest--it is somewhat lighter and more compact than some of the ones mentioned with wind screens. It is at the Camp chef site described as having two 20,000 BTU burners. I would want to sit it on a table of some sort.

Camp Chef All-Terrain Aluminum Sport Stove

I believe the translation of the primus is 3000W=10,000BTU/h

I ran across this in my quest--it is somewhat lighter and more compact than some of the ones mentioned with wind screens. It is at the Camp chef site described as having two 20,000 BTU burners. I would want to sit it on a table of some sort.

Site says 25,000btu...this looks like the ticket!

I just might pick one of those stoves up. But it is more likely 20k Btu each (40k total) as per the official Camp Chef website. The base of the unit is steel and the lid is aluminum. It also requires bulk propane or an adapter for small bottles. Probably wouldn't last very long on the small bottles anyway.

Camp Chef also makes another similiarly sized double burner that is 30K BTU each but weighs closer to 30lbs as opposed to 20lbs for the one above. http://www.campchef.com/products/product_detail.php?id=133

I just had a brain storm.:idea: During my search for hot stoves today, I ran across this High Pressure Cast Iron Banjo Burner and disregarded it at first. But then I got to thinkin'. I whipped out my Coleman and looked at the dimensions. I think one could rig this burner to replace the original Coleman burner or any other stove burner for that matter. An upgrade from a 10,000BTU burner to a 250,000BTU burner would be a nice improvement.
What do you think? Do you think it would work? We rig stuff for our Cruisers all the time. I think we could swap out some propane burners.:flipoff2:

I am a Scout Master here in Utah(IE- tons of hungry 12 year olds). I've got a 3 burner and two-two burner camp chefs plus a 2 burner dedicated flat top. They wiegh a ton, but should last for generations. Ours have been used for years in very abusive environments and never fail. of course we have blown several tranmisions on different leaders vehicles trying to tow our stupid trailer around with all these stoves.

This is very similar to the Camp Chef "River Runner" model that I have, but a few pounds heavier. Terrific stove.

M

FYI: I contacted Partner Steel yesterday and inquired about a larger capacity and larger OD burner assembly for their stoves. The guy I spoke with informed me their burners are very conservatively rated #1; but also admitted a 25k-30k with larger OD burner (better utiliztion of heat for cooking with larger diameter pans)it sounded like something they should offer. He said they would not have time to this year to work on this option however he did not rule out maybe being able to offer it sometime next year. Obviously this does not help those that are looking for a higher output (higher than 15k BTU) an immediate purchase...although the information about how their burners are rated does benefit someone who wants maybe a 15k BTU burner along with a very durable, lightweight and compact stove assembly with numerous burner configurations...

Though not as big, the Jetboil is an awesome set up. Has 75-80% efficency with 4500BTU. Boils water quick, and packs easy for backpacking. They recently came out with a skillet type, and it is on the wish list for camping gear.

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Search?storeId=8000&vcat=REI_SEARCH&query=jetboil

Good point: I own/have owned a multitude of backpacking stoves. I used the JetBoil for the first time a couple weeks ago while backpacking for 4-days in the Sierra. I was astounded how fast the water came to a boil and how little fuel we used. I intend on taking it with me on my hunting trips this fall & winter...quick, hot, safe soup, tea, etc. is going to be the rule!

Re Jetboil-talk to desertdude before you drop a lot of coin here. He's on #2 and having problems.

I did get to mess around with one of those CookPartner stoves this past weekend. That is a nice unit, and relatively light and compact. It's so nice, that's it's too nice for a camp stove, if you know what I mean. I want one! I really like the way everything comes apart to clean it out. It's very, very trick.

Re Jetboil-talk to desertdude before you drop a lot of coin here. He's on #2 and having problems.

I did get to mess around with one of those CookPartner stoves this past weekend. That is a nice unit, and relatively light and compact. It's so nice, that's it's too nice for a camp stove, if you know what I mean. I want one! I really like the way everything comes apart to clean it out. It's very, very trick.

DD: What type of Jetboil problems are you having? I bought one at the end of summer and used it for 3 of us on a 4-day backpack trip and it worked flawlessly...still amazed how little heat escapes and how little fuel it uses.

cookpartner

CookPartner or Partner Steel I don't see reference to a CookPartner stove in the thread.

kls

I've got a Coleman electronic ignition grill/stove that I've used for about 4 years now. Works great! I use it as a 2 burner stove too. Heat up something on the stove side and let it simmer/cook on the grill side while I heat up the next thing on the stove. I also have a teflon griddle plate for it. Great french toast 6 slices at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom