2.5 Tourflex Suspension Kit - Adjusting Caster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I read up on the Tourflex suspension kit and it seemed to be a great choice. I know some of you have installed it. Any issues with caster?

I ordered 2.5" Tourflex Suspension Kit, UCAs, and related components for my '06 Toyota Land Cruiser, but the shop is having trouble getting caster in the front where it needs to be.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

What's your height in front (center of hub to bottom edge of fender)?

Did you measure front droop? (Do you have 2"+?)

Which UCAs?

(Both of my 100 series are ~21.5" in front, 2+" of droop, one with SPC UCAs & OME, the other with Nitro UCAs & ToughDog, with no issues getting to the upper limit of Caster)

The UCA's are Trail Tailors, is there a trick to setting up caster?

There really shouldn’t be. The SPCs are a little more complicated, but allow the most adjustment. The “fixed” Trail Tailor/Nitro/ Total Chaos just have a fixed adjustment built in, and you adjust the camber/caster just like OEM.

I can get right at 2* positive with my Trail Tailor UCAs running 22” hub to fender. That works fine for me. Even towing my 4500lb camper.

In other words, tell the shop to set the front height to 22" (fender lip to center of hub) or less even if you end up with 2" of rake. Add weight to the rear to compensate. =)

Thanks to everyone for their insight, the shop is confident that they have it worked out. This is such a great community!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom