2.4LTE help wiring up the ECU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i'm swapping in a 2.4LTE into my 84 long bed that had the 2L in it. on the engine stand i got power to the ecu hooked up the batteries and jumped power to the spill valve. the motor finally started but was revving high and blowing tons of smoke like the pump was way over fueling. any ideas on what i'm missing is there something off the pump that's not getting feedback ? also the motor and ecu are out of a Hiace van with auto transmission if that helps

any help is much appreciated.

The computer is supposed to power the spill valve. It pulses it every injection event. You might have wrecked it by just putting power to it!! And it's not cheap!

The computer is supposed to power the spill valve. It pulses it every injection event. You might have wrecked it by just putting power to it!! And it's not cheap!

Do you know what wires pulse off of the ecu ? The spill valve hopefully is still ok.

Do you know what wires pulse off of the ecu ? The spill valve hopefully is still ok.

Did you get an intact wiring harness and computer with your motor? There should have been a plug from the wiring harness that plugged into the spill control valve.

There are a few 2LTE manuals posted in the manual section of the first post in this link: Ideas for improving the 2LTE If you want to understand how the electronic controlled diesel system works, make sure you have a look through the Denso manual. There is a video link there too that you could watch.

Anyhow, there is a lot of tech info here also, including a wiring diagram for the hilux surf 2LTE: Surf Maintenance

I also posted complete wiring manuals for the LJ7x series trucks, but they are in Japanese and are a little different than the Surf: Found Japanese 1990-1995 70 series wiring manuals!

The wiring harness is intact from a automatic trans. The 22pin connector is not there but I got one from a junk yard. And the wires cut at the 22pin connector from the car. I will dig through the manuals. Thank you very much for your help

The wiring harness is intact from a automatic trans. The 22pin connector is not there but I got one from a junk yard. And the wires cut at the 22pin connector from the car. I will dig through the manuals. Thank you very much for your help

I'll try to help you more this week. Just very busy this weekend hence the short responses with links. I'm pretty familiar with the electrical on this motor....

Do you have the pinout for the ECU ? im at a loss

Sorry, meant to get back to this. You really have to dig through this link I gave you, as pretty much everything you need is there. Surf Maintenance

From that site, here is the link to the ECU pinout: CV Boots Just scroll down and you'll see the pinout. (I don't know why the link is called 'CV Boots'...it brings you to the pinout...trust me).

It does show the pin out but for a 12 pin. my ecu is 22 pin i'm guessing i don't need the rest.

It does show the pin out but for a 12 pin. my ecu is 22 pin i'm guessing i don't need the rest.

Maybe your engine is the newer generation 2LTE. Can you take a picture of the label on your ECU? I can use the part number to figure out what the motor is out of. Then I'll find you a wiring diagram for it if I can.

Maybe your engine is the newer generation 2LTE. Can you take a picture of the label on your ECU? I can use the part number to figure out what the motor is out of. Then I'll find you a wiring diagram for it if I can.

ecu.jpg

Your motor is out of a 1995-1999 LS151 Toyota Crown/Majesta.

The good news is, those motors had the newer version of the 2LTE cylinder head. It is a lot more robust than the early heads that had cracking problems.

The bad news is, there is less documentation out there. I'll see what I can track down for you.

I looked long and hard for the ECU pinout for that model and could not find it. I recommend asking about it on some of the other toyota diesel forums out there (such as the hilux surf forums).

Worst case scenario, you could buy an older 2LTE ECU and harness that is documented, and use that for your swap instead. Or, you could change the motor over to a mechanical injection pump.

I looked long and hard for the ECU pinout for that model and could not find it. I recommend asking about it on some of the other toyota diesel forums out there (such as the hilux surf forums).

Worst case scenario, you could buy an older 2LTE ECU and harness that is documented, and use that for your swap instead. Or, you could change the motor over to a mechanical injection pump.

Crap ! I do have a manual pump off of my 2L.I will wait as a last resort to do a manual swap.

Crap ! I do have a manual pump off of my 2L.I will wait as a last resort to do a manual swap.

I tried one more search, and I think I may have found it!! No idea if this is the right year or not (I suspect it might be an earlier generation...). Trace out the first two connectors. If they match, then the third is probably the same as this picture also. Yours would be the 2L-TE Crown (middle). The lowest one that says Hiace also matches the Hilux Surf LN130 pinout.

2998117.jpg

Last edited:
Dear all,
making this post alive.

Unfortunatley I too have the 2LTE Crown ECU 26P 16P 22P - does anyone have electrical diagram for the ecu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom