2-2.5" AHC Lift Using King Coils & Shock Spacers (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone know why King springs say they only go up to 2006? Is that perhaps an Australian convention by going off of vehicle production date instead of model year or something?

I have a 2007 and just added steel bumpers, so want to ensure the AHC is adjusted / optimized accordingly. Ty!
Pictures!

They are pretty tough to locate nowadays! I've been looking at these ones which say in the Description:
"LEXUS LX470 UZJ100R - 4WD 1998 - 2006"

And confusingly it differs from their "Compatibility" section, where 2007 and even 2008 is included. To try to get to the bottom of this discrepancy I've been back and forth messaging with the company, but the person I'm speaking with "confirmed" they don't have any King springs compatible with a 2007 AHC LX470.

They are pretty tough to locate nowadays! I've been looking at these ones which say in the Description:

And confusingly it differs from their "Compatibility" section, where 2007 and even 2008 is included. To try to get to the bottom of this discrepancy I've been back and forth messaging with the company, but the person I'm speaking with "confirmed" they don't have any King springs compatible with a 2007 AHC LX470.
@bozncsurf @geo5 @GTV

And actually King Springs seem to say the same on their website: LEXUS LX470 UZJ100R - 4WD 1998 - 2006 - Fit your Vehicle - King Springs Automotive Aftermarket Springs - https://kingsprings.com.au/catalogue/vehicle/526/lexus-lx470-uzj100r-4wd-1998-2006

Thanks @gwrobertson89 - this is interesting.

I am going to keep my kings on the truck, they seem to be working normally, will follow up if any issues.

Edit to add- I do not have extra AHC lift, system is working within factory parameters.

Thanks all! Some background context and additional updates - somebody from King Springworks got back to me confirming all I need to do is ensure the product code is KTRS-79 and they are compatible with the 2007 regardless of what the vendor is saying.

The context:
I've just added steel front & rear bumpers, and have a roof rack on the way. Call it 300 pounds of permanent extra weight. My next step will be to do the Techstream AHC diagnostics to see how things are looking pressure-wise. If they are high, I'll likely add King or LC springs and crank the torsion bar as necessary to get them to ideal levels. Will likely do the AHC speed sensor override switch (just so I can drive ever-so-slightly faster than 20mph on the beach in High).

Although I'd love to do some AHC lift work, I'm scared things could get messed up down there eventually and become very expensive to remediate. A valuable but overwhelming amount of info and perspectives in these threads about AHC lifts (e.g. sway-a-way bars / links / AHC shock spacers / rear dif drop / new torsion bars / spring spacers etc etc etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom