1st Gen 05 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

8Gang Switch Holder Update

After some well rounded feedback from the people who purchased the switch holder, I've updated the design for the next run.

Nothing is wrong with the holder, but little things will make it better. Now it has a backing to it, so that the cable can ride inside the channel of the switch case itself. Less cable & less fuss.

1636254498733.png

1636254507190.png

Last edited:
254873500_10223899242261571_4582211136246678551_n.jpg

This vehicle has done so much for me in the past 2 years since I got it. Best all rounded vehicle for any adventure. It won't do anything great, but it'll do many things very well.

Many Firsts
  • First 4x4
  • First full sized suv.
  • First BOF
  • First time off roading
  • First time towing
  • & most importantly, helping me find happiness
    👌
Towing

Towed the prius from Norcal to Socal. First time towing & it did great. I probably need to get a transmission cooler if I do it again as the hills increased Temps 50F in a matter of a quarter mile. The Hayden 699 looks great with a thermal bypass built into it.
OD was on the whole time on 'D' (since I have 05, it's 5 gears, but sometimes I went down to '3'). This helps with gear hunting.

The sequoia is loaded with the heavy stuff & prius has the light stuff like clothes & plants.

Squat & Concerns

The trailer did drop the sequoia about 1 inch, but the trailer also isn't level because the 2inch ball is too high. The curt 45900 hitch drop isn't low enough for this setup & I didn't math before all of this.
It could use another 4 inches or so if I had to guess. The main concern I had with pulling the trailer after a few miles was how wide it was compared to the sequoia. Tow mirrors would have helped, but I was just more cautious of the drive.

Rear suspension:
  • 2863 with 60812 air bags at 50psi
  • 60020L OME

V2 Sunglasses Mount

Loved the V1, but just needed a little update for the next one.
Added a backing, a hole for wire routing, updated the front face & adjusted the clearance for the pivot.

Quick photoshoot with the XMAS tree haha

CM1KG7k.jpg

in case someone wonders what this is for...here is the v1.
EgEDNcs.jpg

How does the stock glasses "door" come out? Hard?

How does the stock glasses "door" come out? Hard?
Hey Jim,

You could do it while it's in the cab still but the overhead console comes out with 2 screws, then a pull towards back of cab, then downward. Then remove the electrical clip.

Then the actual part you're exchanging is also a push & pull. It's held in by plastic retainers & 3 snap fits.

Last edited:
Compressor Bracket V2

Made a few updates to the compressor bracket for quality of life.
Here's better photos of the ARB twin installed.

rKI4mPD.jpeg

2b6oAwW.jpg

2k8H6T2.jpg

Underseat Storage Panel V1

Bolts to the seat bolts. Also used M8 JIS bolts that are 30mm long, instead of 25mm since I added 3.175mm to the seat panel.
Doesn't block my seating position personally.

tQP1xWt.jpg

OKmA1OK.jpg

sMXDf3C.jpg

Last edited:
Overhead Switch Mount V2

Small quality of life updates for the mount. Washers not required anymore and it's still crispy.
Still printed via MJF in Nylon12.

1643286273083.jpeg

Finally had time to install these new parts I made. Very happy with the fit & finish.

Dash Mount V2

s2xLvSv.jpg

251KVnt.jpg

Electrical Panel V1.5

bpAhrJx.jpg

I don't post many trips up because I don't take too many photos, but here's one where I had my camera.

Went through Joshua Tree with the boys.

Og6ebgA.jpg
p9A0BEB.jpg

OxCAtHW.jpg

sm18FRI.jpg
LHjNAkQ.jpg

zHQDQGJ.jpg

Awesome pics!!

PM sent

Jim

Nothing big, but just some new products I'm bringing to the 1stgen platform.

Everything is still in the works, but here's some previews.

Rear Accessory Bracket
(not 1stgen Tundra compatible)

1647897188362.png
1647897179026.png

Mirror Ditch Lights

1647898690304.png
1647898705853.png

Rear Ladder

1647898674945.png

3rd Row Molle Panels