For Sale 1HZ w/ H55 & Split Case $5,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought to swap into my BJ70 but plans have changed...

1HZ with 24v starter (no other accessories) with H55 5spd and vaccum shift Split T-case. 12v accessories are accessible for your swap.

Engine came from Dave Steadman in Japan. Cold compression tested at 500psi straight accross (FSM spec 526 psi) so this is a solid engine. Engine is crated and ready to ship from PDP in Calgary, buyer responsible for shipping costs.

$5,500 USD

Brett 916-496-0648
hz.jpg

that would be soooo sweet in a 45!:)

dieselbigot said:

1HZ with 24v starter (no other accessories) with H55 5spd and vaccum shift Split T-case. 12v accessories are accessible for your swap.

Engine came from Dave Steadman in Japan. Cold compression tested at 500psi straight accross (FSM spec 526 psi) so this is a solid engine. Engine is crated and ready to ship from PDP in Calgary, buyer responsible for shipping costs.

$5,500 USD

Brett 916-496-0648

so how have the plans changed, Brett! All this time I was curious about the HZ-BJ70, and now this :)
Jan

Jan-78FJ40 said:
so how have the plans changed, Brett! All this time I was curious about the HZ-BJ70, and now this :)
Jan

Jan,

Below is part of the message I sent to Wes & Myrle who were lined up to buy my 3B & AXT....kinda says it all. Seems the truck decided for me:doh:

Since installing the AXT kit a few years ago, I was never happy with the power this truck produced. It was always much slower than other 3B-T trucks I had driven and my decision to do the 1HZ swap was because I was fed up with a truck that, while otherwise "dialed in", could not make enough power to get out of it's own way... let alone climb grades in the mountains.

So the weekend before my planned trip to Calgary where I was to drop the truck off at Crushers for the swap, the rubber elbow connecting the AXT aluminum intake cross-over to the intake plenum crapped out and blew a hole in it from the friction of the standard hose clamp I was forced to use to keep it from blowing off under full boost pressures.

I scrambled around town going from speed shop to speed shop looking for a 2 3/8" silicon elbow to no avail. Finally, I found an aluminum elbow from an old Cummins that closely matched both the cross-over pipe and the intake plenum. I then found a place that carried some 2 3/8" high pressure, silicone lined hose that was rated for 350F. I ran home and buttoned everything up the night before my departure keeping my fingers crossed that this fix would hold for the 1,400 mile trip to Calgary.

To my great surprise, at first blush the truck seemed to run much quicker than ever before...in fact, the first few climbs heading into the Sierra's I was maintaining full speed in 5th gear! The largest of grades I was in 4th maintaining 65 mph! Before this I was often gearing down to 3rd struggling to maintain 40 mph while I watched my EGT and H2O temps climb.

Needless to say I was shocked...how could a $30 fix produce such dramatic results after 3 years of trying to get this thing to work right? My guess is that all this while I have been losing substantial boost pressure from this crappy stock rubber elbow which caused the truck to run like crap and heat up when under load.

The rest of the trip proved the worth of my $30 fix...taking hills like never before, maintaining great boost, EGT and H20 numbers and generally making the drive very pleasurable.

When I got to Wayne's we started discussing my new-found power and the merits of dropping another $10k into my rig. It was then I decided that all I ever wanted was for the truck to do what it had just done for the last 1,400 miles…maintain comfortable highway speeds & climb hills like a turbo diesel truck should. I left the truck in Calgary and flew home Sunday because I had to for work. My plan now is to fly back up in a month, do the River Shiver, then drive home as is.

dieselbigot said:

$5,500 USD

Brett 916-496-0648

Hi Brett,

I left you a voice mail, give me a call.

Thanks,

Michael

tlcruiserman said:
Hi Brett,

I left you a voice mail, give me a call.

Thanks,

Michael

Mike...can you PM me your number or call me back? I deleted your message by accident and only have 1/2 your number:doh:

So:

This engine/trans/xfr has to clear customs for USA buyers?
What all is included? Enough to make it run?

stoked to hear that the 70 is running well for you now brett!:)

So the power gain came from just shortening the run or shape of the turbo output hose?

Wow. Good for you.

M

Mike S said:
So the power gain came from just shortening the run or shape of the turbo output hose?

Wow. Good for you.

M

No, the power came from properly sealing up the connection from the turbo to the intake plenum...I reckon I'd been losing boost out the crappy stock rubber elbow ever sine this thing was TC'd. Ya, I'm a prety happy camper about it...as dumb as I feel about not thinking of it earlier

Sorry boys...this engine is SOLD....to TLCruiserman

Damn, I always see these things too late:crybaby:

Interesting.....I wondered what happened to your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom