1HZ rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a shop to rebuild the 1HZ in my Troopy. It has a turbo and also have an intercooler for it. I am located in East Alabama

Everyone here states "ACC won't touch a diesel." If that's not true, I'd love to meet them someday. They are only 30min away from our shop.
Unfortunately many of the good diesel shops, especially the small ones, are booked up months in advance.

Unfortunately many of the good diesel shops, especially the small ones, are booked up months in advance.
Agreed. It's a lot easier to find technicians to do Honda Odyssey timing belts than to rebuild a non-import diesel engine. A lot more profitable too.

Maybe a new policy. Didn’t know that.

Worth a call over there to find out personally. 💡
Agreed. I should stop by sometime myself instead of spreading more rumors.

Called ACC and they do not work on the “big diesels” only Landcruiser’s. 🤦‍♂️

Called ACC and they do not work on the “big diesels” only Landcruiser’s. 🤦‍♂️
errrr... :confused:

Perhaps they did not realize that the 1HZ is a land cruiser motor? Either way, you may wish to take it somewhere that knows these machines in and out. Could be worth the extra drive to get someone that will do it right the first time

I did say it was a Landcruiser so won’t be going there. I spoke with Peter Merriam. I’ll be taking it to him this month.

I did say it was a Landcruiser so won’t be going there. I spoke with Peter Merriam. I’ll be taking it to him this month.
I would look elsewhere, I'll send you PM a little later on why.

What's wrong with the 1HZ that it needs a rebuild?
The 1HZ is at 450,000KM and I want it rebuilt so I no longer have to worry about it in a few years. No other reason as it runs great now.

The 1HZ is at 450,000KM and I want it rebuilt so I no longer have to worry about it in a few years. No other reason as it runs great now.

Hello,

At 450k km your 1HZ is just broken in. Most 1HZs go well beyond that without a repair.

Remember that the 1HZ is designed to last a lifetime under harsh conditions.

If it is not broken, do not fix it.

Juan

do all the easy maintenance yourself
oils
filters
glow plugs
all the old rubber lines
etc

then do the big maintenance or take it somewhere that will, and just address what it needs, you'll find things
compression check (then you'll know how healthy it is)
injectors
precups if needed
bottom end bearings
any leaks
etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom