1HZ OHC upgrade? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any info on 1HZ Cam upgrades?

Thanx in advance!

Anyone have any info on 1HZ Cam upgrades?

Thanx in advance!

Im not sure the 1HZ will reach the rpms where it will be beneficial .
Also,when you grind a cam you usually lose some torque at the low end where you need it.

Overlander 4WD mag has a story about Sam Baddely in NZ who has modded his 1HZ,its thin on detail but he has added a 1HD T pump and turbo and is getting a claimed 207 HP at the rear wheels
He uses it in 4wd comp racing and is a diesel mechanic by trade.
Maybe if you could somehow contact him.........

However I would be inclined to look around for a 1HD T and save all the headaches that Toyota has already ironed out;)
You would get a good penny for your low klm engine

impossible to find another motor like the one i have for the money i payed in perth so ill have to make do, but when push comes to shove ill refit the 1hz with 1HD-T internals (pistons and conrods)
which are the only real differences

oh and i may bring the compression down a bit, by fitting a thicker head gasket... but im not touching it till it goes bang

impossible to find another motor like the one i have for the money i payed in perth so ill have to make do, but when push comes to shove ill refit the 1hz with 1HD-T internals (pistons and conrods)
which are the only real differences

oh and i may bring the compression down a bit, by fitting a thicker head gasket... but im not touching it till it goes bang

I know ,genuine low klm 1HZ dont fall into your lap that often.
Remember the 1HD T is direct injection.
I think Repco/ACL make a thicker piston for turbo 1HZs also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom