1hz lose of power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
since I've owned my hzj80 1hz it's been sluggish but I've noticed now that I live in the hills it really really struggles up hills shes a part time 4wd and I have it in 2wd all the time. 14% steep hill she drops from 80km in 5th gear to 60km in 3rd to eventually I have to drop it down to 2nd and hold it at 40km. Is this normal ? I've changed my fuel filters/air filters don't think any air is getting in the lines as she starts with ease no smoke is blowing at all. Any thoughts or is this just how they are? It's like im towing something behind me !

Cheers

Sounds about right for a 1HZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz in my experience. What size tyres are you running?

These posts are useless if you dont tell us how many klms its done. Does the lack of power get worse as it gets hot. Your engine could be getting tired but they normally make a bit of smoke and use a bit of oil by then.
Or the injection pump maybe losing pressure.
Krap can wrap itself around the fuel pick up in the tank and starve the fuel supply.
And check your tyres.

These posts are useless if you dont tell us how many klms its done. Does the lack of power get worse as it gets hot. Your engine could be getting tired but they normally make a bit of smoke and use a bit of oil by then.
Or the injection pump maybe losing pressure.
Krap can wrap itself around the fuel pick up in the tank and starve the fuel supply.
And check your tyres.
Check my tyres ? Brand new tyres 28psi. 310thou km but could be more as I suspect the bloke I brought it off wound the clock back with a screwdriver. No oils being used and no smoke. Think i might pull the injectors and replace em along with a valve clearance. I might have a look at the pickup then but its running pretty fine just no power up hills.

IMHO 28psi is too low for tyre pressure in the street. I used to run ~38-40 PSI with a 285/75R16 on the factory GXL rims.
If you don't know when the injectors and valve clearances were last checked, that would be a good place to start I reckon

IMHO 28psi is too low for tyre pressure in the street. I used to run ~38-40 PSI with a 285/75R16 on the factory GXL rims.
If you don't know when the injectors and valve clearances were last checked, that would be a good place to start I reckon
Yeah im just cleaned the fuel pickup today but going to get the injectors done and timing by a mechanic . Cheers for suggestion

Brand new tyres 28psi.

That's probably half your problem. Try 40 psi. What size are they? Every inch bigger in diameter over stock adds about 3 inches of circumference or 3% and big tyres are even worse when under inflated.

I dont think you can wind speedos back like the old days, the numbers end up out of alignment. Most dodgy sellers use a different odometer out of a wreck. Easy in a 7* series.

Last edited:
That's probably half your problem. Try 40 psi. What size are they? Every inch bigger in diameter over stock adds about 3 inches of circumference or 3% and big tyres are even worse when under inflated.

I dont think you can wind speedos back like the old days, the numbers end up out of alignment. Most dodgy sellers use a different odometer out of a wreck. Easy in a 7* series.
You can definitely wind it back that way because the cogs jammed i had to manually wind it very easily done. 285/75/16 is my tyre size

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom