1HZ into VDJ76r? How easy or how hard to convert? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirty oil is just from too long between oil changes. I can't find it but there is a Toyota manual that states to change the oil every 5000kms when under heavy load. Oil every 5000kms and oil and filter every 10 is my blanket rule.

The newer Toyota engines quite commonly shed chunks of casting from within the engine. The 1VD has been known to do this, so has the 1hz, 1hdfte and so on. It could be the case here. Not saying that it is, but you might not have any serious internal issues. If the 76 is new to you, i would do the following:

Order from toyota:
New filter housing (over time the sleeve can get loose and if it falls out the filter crushes under suction from the oil pump essentially starving the bottom end of oil flow)

New pickup. They are plastic and are a serviceable item. That's why the small black pan is on the sump so that you can get to it. They have a mesh filter in them that can sometimes get loose and fall out (rare but it's a cheap part)

Flush the engine oil with any engine oil flush, grab 20L of the cheapest 15w-40 that you can find and do it twice. Pull the filter both times because that will allow another 2-3 liters of oil to flow out. Afterwards replace the oil and filter with high quality gear and check again in 5000kms.

Lastly always use genuine parts and filters where you can. 9/10 times the price is comparable or better and the quality is of a much higher standard.
I feel so stupid, I'll do all of that today. I hope my baby is okay haha.

I'll update in 5,000km!

So it's okay to do the oil flush with this potential problem?

Changing the oil won't ever hurt anything.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the help, hopefully it's nothing!

I'll do the flush today using the nulon pro strength stuff and order some of the stuff you linked in 2,00km.

On a side note, and considering its not allowed, so from a purely academic perspective. How would I go about doing an EGR delete?

The easiest way is get a remap with EGR off - if you just block the EGR system they'll usually throw a code.

On my last vehicle with EGR (1kz-te), when I checked the intake it was shockingly sludgey and I spent some quality time with a brush, and some degreaser. My long term plan (but instead I replaced it with hzj77) was to run a catch can, and leave the egr intact.

Just saying that's always an option if you don't want to block off the EGR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom