1HZ injector rebuild question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. I just bought a 99 HZJ 75 with 280000 Kms on the clock. At 300,000 I plan on giving it a tune up (Valve clearance, pump timing) when I change the timing belt. At the moment she runs well (smooth no smoke) would it be a good idea to rebuild/replace the injectors at this juncture as I am uncertain of the service history of vehicle, or just go with the "if she aint broke" philosophy. If new injectors are in order would I be foolish to try to just clean them up and change the nozzles as opposed to buy new injectors. Thanks in advance for any help.

James

Personally, if you have no smoke, reasonable Egts and decent fuel economy, I'd just enjoy. But when it's time, I'd do injectors and pump all at the same time.

Hello everyone. I just bought a 99 HZJ 75 with 280000 Kms on the clock. At 300,000 I plan on giving it a tune up (Valve clearance, pump timing) when I change the timing belt. At the moment she runs well (smooth no smoke) would it be a good idea to rebuild/replace the injectors at this juncture as I am uncertain of the service history of vehicle, or just go with the "if she aint broke" philosophy. If new injectors are in order would I be foolish to try to just clean them up and change the nozzles as opposed to buy new injectors. Thanks in advance for any help.

James
Hey Tom! Love your shows!

I replaced my injectors with brand new OEM ones from onlineautoparts.au for cheaper than I could get them rebuilt. I kept my old ones to rebuild myself one day after I pick up a tester.

That said, if you have a tester, just throw them through that and check them for spray pattern. It's the only real way to tell if they need servicing or not. Congrats on the new ride!! :cheers:

Hey Tom! Love your shows!

I replaced my injectors with brand new OEM ones from onlineautoparts.au for cheaper than I could get them rebuilt. I kept my old ones to rebuild myself one day after I pick up a tester.

That said, if you have a tester, just throw them through that and check them for spray pattern. It's the only real way to tell if they need servicing or not. Congrats on the new ride!! :cheers:
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom