1HZ injection pump tacho pickup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your injection shop can get the housing that is drilled for the sensor from Denso. That is how I had mine converted, it was about 200$ for the housing.

srz to hijack this old thread butmy coasters tacho not working at startup then tap the dash a few minutes in and it syarts jumpin around requiring more dadh tapping... funny thing is no amount of tapping at staryup will get it going... any suggestions? replace pump?

I

How many klms has it done?

any suggestions? replace pump?

Thats a bit severe. I would be looking at the wiring to the tacho or the tacho itself. If it was the sensor on the fuel pump, tapping the dash wouldnt make it work

Well, 2007 was not a good year for the HzJ76, a shyte gearbox and an el cheapo IP housing. Just a nice Blank where the tach sensor should be. I'll pull my tach signal off somewhere else for now, ta.
G

tach.jpg
tach.jpg
IMG_3065.jpg

Last edited:
Just a word of caution to those thinking of using the Dakota Digital tach translator with the factory pump. @The Eradicator tried it and found that the IP voltage was too low for the DD module to read. He and I both opted to have our alternators modified for a W signal point to get tach function.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom