1HZ fuel filters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks,
I'm assembling parts for an 1HZ into 60 swap. As fuel filter/water separators were not part of the motor purchase, I'm needing to set that system up from scratch. If I was to go with something like a Racor system of a filter and separator, what size/model would be a good fit? Is there any reason to stay with Toy OE stuff here? It's all spendy to fit, initially so just looking for good products with reasonably priced replacement filters. Thanks, Pete

When Valley Hybrids did my 1HZ installation five years ago, Georg, @orangefj45, used a Ford tractor filter assembly. I got a lot of kidding about having a Ford product in my truck, but apparently it was half the price of a OE Toyota. It uses standard Racor filters, which are available anywhere. I'm currently using a Racor R45T 10 micron unit.

View attachment 2591205

IMG_3623.jpg

When Valley Hybrids did my 1HZ installation five years ago, Georg, @orangefj45, used a Ford tractor filter assembly. I got a lot of kidding about having a Ford product in my truck, but apparently it was half the price of a OE Toyota. It uses standard Racor filters, which are available anywhere. I'm currently using a Racor R45T 10 micron unit.

View attachment 2591205

View attachment 2591210
Is that the only fuel filter then? It looked like on a couple of rigs here that maybe a filter, with pleated element was used along with a separate, um, separator with a canister type element. Thx, Pete

If you have poor quality fuel, a 30 micron pre-filter is sometimes used to avoid premature plugging of your primary filter. I've never had an issue with poor fuel, so I don't use one.

If you have poor quality fuel, a 30 micron pre-filter is sometimes used to avoid premature plugging of your primary filter. I've never had an issue with poor fuel, so I don't use one.
Makes sense - cheep insurance! I would have taken a sharpie to that filter, crossed out FORD and written TOYODA! Thanks for your response - that helps. Pete

The stock 1HZ filtration works fine but any known brand that can handle 60 litres an hour will be ok

CAV 296 with glass bowl for water separation. That's what I run in oz where sometimes you end up with diesel from drums with dubious pedigree :)

cheers,
george.

CAV 296 with glass bowl for water separation
I ran one of them, it worked great and cost about $70. We can get aftermarket copies of them here now for about $25.

I ran one of them, it worked great and cost about $70. We can get aftermarket copies of them here now for about $25.
Great - I'm not looking to cut corners that provide valuable protection but many times there are options out there that make sense in terms of value or availability. P

Thanks for the input - I'll look into that angle - P
I would "hope" that eventually my travels in this rig would put me in places like that, kind of that "bad roads lead to good places" philosophy of adventuring! P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom