1hz engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the price seems about right.
it will be hard to do a compression test with it on the floor, it might be worth it to pay G&S to install it on their test bed and get the service done. i am sure it will cost a couple to a few hundred but it will be worth it in the long run.
i highly doubt it would fit in a hilux but in a cruiser this would be a nice unit.

i have a 1HZ with H55F i am selling for $3500, from a mine truck, condition not known, i was told by Simon in the flatlands it ran good so i feel confident.
no guarrentee so if this guy is offering a warrenty then $5000 is a good price.

installation is simple enough, there are a few write ups on installing one and Rob from Radd cruisers has installed a few as well...

i love the HZ/PZ engines, turbo it and you have a powerful, fuel efficient rig...

you asked
cheers

wayne... how much would it cost to drop YOUR engine into an 80 series Canadian cruiser?

Colin

i am not sure...
i was thinking more along the lines of an old FJ45 or FJ40...
i think this would make for a serious kickass 45 as i am sure Rob already knows...

crushers said:
i am not sure...
i was thinking more along the lines of an old FJ45 or FJ40...
i think this would make for a serious kickass 45 as i am sure Rob already knows...

Why is it I feel that WE are going to do another project??????:doh:

dam you guys are way too talented.... i just thought it would be sick to have a rad 80 with good mileage...

by the time the dust settles you are further ahead to just buy a JDM and drive it...
i know of a couple guys doing the 1HZ swap into American 80s and it is a PITA. Herb told me straight out he wishes he would have just bought a JDM one...

cheers

Wayen... i have checked just about every page on your site.... is it possible to import a hdj81 with lockers, no lift or minimal lift and some option packages for around $20,000. Im more concerned with getting a well maintained engine, and not so concerned about how neat the inside critter comforts are...

the price tag on your one HDJ just about made me fall out of my chair...

are there going to be any more 80 series models released to canada in the future 2 years?

Wayen... i have checked just about every page on your site.... is it possible to import a hdj81 with lockers, no lift or minimal lift and some option packages for around $20,000. Im more concerned with getting a well maintained engine, and not so concerned about how neat the inside critter comforts are...

<a good running automatic unit with a bit higher milage and interior not important then yes about $22,000. this will have the BEB changed out, and full serivce front to rear as well as a 1 year "hard parts" warranty.>

the price tag on your one HDJ just about made me fall out of my chair...

<the cost of the HDJs have skyrocketed in Japan for the high end units. if you want premium then you have to pay the price tag...>

are there going to be any more 80 series models released to canada in the future 2 years?

<do you mean CDM? or JDM imports?>

there is a HDJ81 at Boneybrook on auto trader.com . i am not sure if this would work for you or not...
cheers

do you have a link to that truck?? i cant seem to find it......

nah, i had a gent call me wanting to have me inspect it today for him...
i should be seeing it later today...

sounds cool

nice rig overall. paint seems nice but the roof might have minor paint fade, hard to tell the truck was dirty.
interior was quite nice, slight wear to the arm rest door panel area.
engine sounded good, no comprssion test.
145,000 auto

bad points:
adjustable shocks out of order
turbo, possible oil leakage.
center diff lock did not engage with the button or in 4WD Low
JDM stereo
no BEB replaced
no OOP done
needed spare tire

all in all i could see selling one of this caliber once the concerns were fixed. it was pleasing to the eye.

this is what i found not to run this dealer down in any way shape or form. waiting to hear if he is willing to fix the concerns or if it is a "as is" unit.

cheers

i called the shop about that truck... its listed for 21,500 + gst.

What would an estimated cost be to compelte the repairs that you found?

I love how open you guys are with info... this is awesome

CH

whats OOP acronym?

How is a JDM stereo negative? Different Radio frequencies then canadain?

hill said:
i called the shop about that truck... its listed for 21,500 + gst.

What would an estimated cost be to compelte the repairs that you found?

I love how open you guys are with info... this is awesome

CH

t/case center diff failure, unknown.
BEB approx $700
adjust shocks, unknown till further inspection
turbo unknown, i would recommend a cleaning and see how long it takes for the oil to start seeping again, could be stuck seals...
JDM stereos get about 3 sations here in Canada
OOP = out of province inspection
spare tire $200

i took the rig for a test drive and noted the concerns, if the buyer would have decided to buy then i would have investigated further.

cheers

hill said:
dam you guys are way too talented.... i just thought it would be sick to have a rad 80 with good mileage...

Yeah it would be wouldn't it.:flipoff2: See my sig line.:cheers:

Off Topic, but by chance is your name Colin Hill? If so, we have the same name and live in the same city, and both are surfing on a cruiser forum. I find that neat. cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom