1hdt pistons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also hitting up this old thread lest somebody might have updates on this topic. Can anyone using the later pistons (bigger bowl) with their pre-1992 injectors and pump follow up on longer-term outcomes of making the switch (with the later, thicker injector seats). I need to make the choice. I have been told that while bowl depth is shallower, there is still a slightly bigger volume in the larger bowl? Can anyone confirm this? Some say good to go, others not conclusive, or replace with the original bowl size. Cheers

According to Engines Australia, the combustion bowl volumes are the same. See attached.

I have a buddy (@Socal81) running late model pistons with early injectors and pump. His truck is running great.

I've also spoken to Noordeman at length and they insist there is essentially no real difference running a mix of the late pistons with early injectors / pump. You'll just have to use the appropriate washers with the injectors.

I've personally opted to go with late pistons and early injectors / pump. I expect my truck to be done early next year and will follow up once its broken in.

pistons compare 1hdt.png

According to Engines Australia, the combustion bowl volumes are the same. See attached.

I have a buddy (@Socal81) running late model pistons with early injectors and pump. His truck is running great.

I've also spoken to Noordeman at length and they insist there is essentially no real difference running a mix of the late pistons with early injectors / pump. You'll just have to use the appropriate washers with the injectors.

I've personally opted to go with late pistons and early injectors / pump. I expect my truck to be done early next year and will follow up once its broken in.

View attachment 2847184

View attachment 2847184
Thats great to know @Outono ! Thanks very much for adding this info. This will help alot of us who are in the situation with rebuilds, and further confirms what others have indicated for use of later pistons. Informed decisions - thats why this forum is such a great resource.
Cheers

Very useful info, thanks a lot!
Is there a forum/website where such knowledge from Engines Australia is accumulated or accessable?
Would love to digh through this type of stuff, especially if there is any info on 1hd-ft and fte part interchangebility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom