1HD-FTE fuel pump prime/bleed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
wellsorted.com
Hey guys, we're doing a 1HD-FTE install on an 80-series for one of our customers and struggling with the startup. We can't seem to get fuel into the cylinders and from everything I'm seeing online it seems to be a pump bleed and/or priming issue. The engine is bone stock pulled from an imported 100-series including the fuel filter assembly, we're gravity feeding it from a jug a couple feet above the engine. Pushing the prime plunger works as it seems to stiffen up after 20 or so pushes but the engine cranks and won't fire. When we crack the hard lines going to the injector we get a couple little dribbles of fuel out but nothing significant.

I looked in the factory service manual for any sort of bleed or prime procedure but can't find anything. There are some videos and random bits on the internet showing a few ideas but nothing that seems to be concrete evidence of how to do this. If anyone has suggestions it would be much appreciated...

Hey guys, we're doing a 1HD-FTE install on an 80-series for one of our customers and struggling with the startup. We can't seem to get fuel into the cylinders and from everything I'm seeing online it seems to be a pump bleed and/or priming issue. The engine is bone stock pulled from an imported 100-series including the fuel filter assembly, we're gravity feeding it from a jug a couple feet above the engine. Pushing the prime plunger works as it seems to stiffen up after 20 or so pushes but the engine cranks and won't fire. When we crack the hard lines going to the injector we get a couple little dribbles of fuel out but nothing significant.

I looked in the factory service manual for any sort of bleed or prime procedure but can't find anything. There are some videos and random bits on the internet showing a few ideas but nothing that seems to be concrete evidence of how to do this. If anyone has suggestions it would be much appreciated...
With the ignition on are you getting power to the shutoff solenoid?

Usually for priming just crack the hard lines and prime.

The engine is bone stock pulled from an imported 100-series including the fuel filter assembly

Did that include the computer? Most engine swappers use the earlier 1HD FT fuel inj pump on the 1HD FTE engine to eliminate the computer head aches.

Did that include the computer? Most engine swappers use the earlier 1HD FT fuel inj pump on the 1HD FTE engine to eliminate the computer head aches.
With or without computer. There is a shut off on the pumps.

I don't think that this is related to bleeding, most 1hd-fte don't even need to be bled to start. At least mine did just start without bleeding. This more looks related to the electronics, most probably the spill valve controller is not connected properly. Also don't forget the spill controller needs a quality ground connection. Who has done the wiring if I can ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom