1FZFE fuel filter, rounded banjo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not to “defend” the engineers but I think the right hand drives are much easier to work on but yea totally agree. I’m gonna have to google that socket
Yeah I didn’t know how bad we had it under the hood till the imported RHD 80’s started showing up. It’s like everything is evenly spaced and the intake is no longer anxiety inducing. You can reach most things easily and the master cylinder area is wide open.

Yeah I didn’t know how bad we had it under the hood till the imported RHD 80’s started showing up. It’s like everything is evenly spaced and the intake is no longer anxiety inducing. You can reach most things easily and the master cylinder area is wide open.
I’ve nerve driven right hand , but I would like to. Just seems like it would feel better.

Removing the alternator and reaching in from the front also gives you a surprising amount of maneuverability between the upper and lower intakes. It's time consuming, but it really opens everything up. You can get your whole arm in there and get some leverage.

If you want to go for the nuclear option, though, just cut the hard pipe off and order a new one from Toyota. They're less than 40 bucks from McGeorge (23801-66020) and order new banjo bolt while you're at it. You can get to the other end by loosening up the TB and main wiring harness where it mounts to the firewall.

Removing the alternator and reaching in from the front also gives you a surprising amount of maneuverability between the upper and lower intakes. It's time consuming, but it really opens everything up. You can get your whole arm in there and get some leverage.

If you want to go for the nuclear option, though, just cut the hard pipe off and order a new one from Toyota. They're less than 40 bucks from McGeorge (23801-66020) and order new banjo bolt while you're at it. You can get to the other end by loosening up the TB and main wiring harness where it mounts to the firewall.
Thanks, I’m definitely ordering one

Thanks, I’m definitely ordering one
It occurs to me that the EGR may also be in the way of getting to the banjo bolt on the other end of the pipe. My EGR is long gone, so I didn’t have an issue there. Just something to consider - YMMV.

Nope, the EGR pipe is on the back of the head; the fuel filter is in the middle.

It occurs to me that the EGR may also be in the way of getting to the banjo bolt on the other end of the pipe. My EGR is long gone, so I didn’t have an issue there. Just something to consider - YMMV.
Thanks, I’ll have to double check.

The upper end of the fuel pipe can be removed without removing the EGR pipe, but it is much easier without having it in the way. The downside is the EGR pipe removal is just as bad as the fuel pipe removal, with the EGR pipe installed.

If it was me, I'd pull the upper intake. More work, but less hassle.

Malleus is probably right - It’s probably is easier to pull the UIM, butI have VSV PTSD. I’ve pulled that stupid thing off enough times that I just go out of my way to avoid it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom