For Sale 1FZ-FE Engine and A343 Transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Up for sale is a 1FZ-FE engine and A343 transmission out of my 1996 FZJ80 on November 23rd, 2020 (so they haven't been sitting long). Both have 261,167 miles and worked perfect, with the rig averaging 13-15MPG. The engine did use a little oil between oil changes, which I understand is common for engines of this mileage. I only pulled them to replace the seals and clean them up as part of my huge vehicle overhaul project. Temptation got the best of me, and I'm now doing an LS swap. Engine includes all accessories (starter, alternator, oil pump, AC compressor, fan, fan clutch, MAF). All work as they should, though the oil pump may have a leak/seep. I dropped both pans to inspect the bottom end, and as you can see, everything looked fantastic. Recently replaced many hoses, water pump, thermostat, fan clutch, and some other stuff (all with OEM parts). Distributor cap, rotor, and plug wires were replaced in 2015 and in good shape (also all OEM).

Not included are the engine wiring harness, ECU, air box, oil pressure sensor, or water temp sending unit, as I need them for my swap.

Included with the sale is this $369 engine overhaul gasket kit from cruiserparts.net (all OEM Toyota parts). If someone wanted to they could absolutely install the oil pans and a valve cover gasket and run it like it is. However, I'd highly recommend taking the time to replace the gaskets and clean up the engine while it's out of the vehicle. If this doesn't sell by the time I complete my LS swap, I'll probably do this myself (for fun) and raise my asking price.

Engine compression was tested March 24th, 2019 (195, 190, 195, 190, 185, 195). Head gasket was replaced by previous owner at a dealership at 80k as part of preventative maintenance.

Engine valve clearances were checked September 7th, 2020:
  1. .009 / .009 - .011 / .011
  2. .008 / .008 - .012 / .012
  3. .006 / .006 - .012 / .011
  4. .006 / .008 - .011 / .010
  5. .007 / .007 - .013 / .012
  6. .008 / .009 - .012 / .012

Looking for $1,375 for the pair, picked up near St Helens, OR.

Engine and transmission are split, but I'd like to sell this as a package unless the transmission sells first.

IMG_3726.jpeg

IMG_3727.jpeg

IMG_3728.jpeg

IMG_3729.jpeg

IMG_3730.jpeg

IMG_3731.jpeg

IMG_3732.jpeg

Last edited:
You said: The engine did use a little oil between oil changes.

What is the oil consumption when removed?

You said: The engine did use a little oil between oil changes.

What is the oil consumption when removed?

If I remember correctly, I had to add between a half quart and a quart every 1500 miles or so. Still supposedly 'in spec' per Toyota, but I wanted to include it in the ad in the spirit of full disclosure.

To be honest, I'm not positive how much of it was burned vs how much of it was leaked. While it wasn't leaking on the ground, after pulling the drivetrain it was clear there were more leaks than I had previously thought.

Are you open to shipping the engine and transmission? If so what would it cost to ship to 37335?

Are you open to shipping the engine and transmission? If so what would it cost to ship to 37335?

Normally it wouldn't be an issue, but my time has been very limited these past couple of months. If you're serious about it though, I'm sure I could make time to strap it to a pallet :)

You'd have to figure out shipping, my zip code is 97231.

Last edited:

I did a quick search, looks to be around $400-$500 from business to business (we have a forklift). I only checked two sites though, you might be able to find better.

Thw googler is saying that St. Helens is just South of the Columbia river. Is that right?

The Columbia kinda winds up and then curves to the left, but yes :)

It's 30-40 minutes North of Portland.

Is this still available? I'm interested. Will you ship to va 20151

Yep, still available.

I was hoping to avoid shipping, I really don't have time to build a crate for it, but I think we could work something out. Shipping would be from a business with a loading dock located in 97231.

No ecu included so won't work with my 93 will it?... I have cash in hand and am only a 90 minute drive away.

Last edited:
Up for sale is a 1FZ-FE engine and A343 transmission out of my 1996 FZJ80 on November 23rd, 2020 (so they haven't been sitting long). Both have 261,167 miles and worked perfect, with the rig averaging 13-15MPG. The engine did use a little oil between oil changes, which I understand is common for engines of this mileage. I only pulled them to replace the seals and clean them up as part of my huge vehicle overhaul project. Temptation got the best of me, and I'm now doing an LS swap. Engine includes all accessories (starter, alternator, oil pump, AC compressor, fan, fan clutch, MAF). All work as they should, though the oil pump may have a leak/seep. I dropped both pans to inspect the bottom end, and as you can see, everything looked fantastic. Recently replaced many hoses, water pump, thermostat, fan clutch, and some other stuff (all with OEM parts). Distributor cap, rotor, and plug wires were replaced in 2015 and in good shape (also all OEM).

Not included are the engine wiring harness, ECU, air box, oil pressure sensor, or water temp sending unit, as I need them for my swap.

Included with the sale is this $369 engine overhaul gasket kit from cruiserparts.net (all OEM Toyota parts). If someone wanted to they could absolutely install the oil pans and a valve cover gasket and run it like it is. However, I'd highly recommend taking the time to replace the gaskets and clean up the engine while it's out of the vehicle. If this doesn't sell by the time I complete my LS swap, I'll probably do this myself (for fun) and raise my asking price.

Engine compression was tested March 24th, 2019 (195, 190, 195, 190, 185, 195). Head gasket was replaced by previous owner at a dealership at 80k as part of preventative maintenance.

Engine valve clearances were checked September 7th, 2020:

Looking for $1,850 for the pair, picked up in St Helens, OR.

Engine and transmission are split, but I'd like to sell this as a package unless the transmission sells first.

View attachment 2616007

View attachment 2616009

View attachment 2616012

View attachment 2616013

View attachment 2616014

View attachment 2616015

View attachment 2616016
Is this still available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom