1FZ-FE Crankshaft Front Oil Seal Tools (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm about to tackle the head gasket on my 80 series. While I'm in there I'll be doing the front main oil seal. I am wondering if anyone in the Austin area may have the tools required to remove and install the crankshaft pulley and would be kind enough to lend them out. The pulley bolt needs to be torqued to 309 ft.lb, so I don't think I can improvise with other equipment. Thanks,
Lindsay

I thought that elbow would be better calibrated to a 12oz weight

I used a 3/4” HF torque wrench. $75 bucks. Was doubtful on accuracy. Spot checked torques with my snap on. It was spot on. I then put a 4 foot cheater bar on it, stuck a nut on the flywheel via inspection cover, got it snug the torqued it. Works like a charm. You might be able to rent a torque wrench and for sure a puller from Autozone.

I have both tools if needed

I did the crank seal and oil cover gasket as well on our 80 not too long ago. Red Loctite and a big cheater bar. I maxed out a Snap On 1/2" torque wrench and gave it hell. I was able to lift myself off the ground while tightening it. No issues at all post repair.

I have both tools if needed
Thank you very much for the offer. Since writing this I used the excuse to get a 3/4 torque wrench. Cheers,
Lindsay

^^^ on 3/4” torque wrench. Get crankshaft bolt torqued right. If not oil pump will not work= ruined motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom