Which Toyota FJ40 aircleaner is better?

• 1F Design

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 2F Design

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. I am adapting a 1F aircleaner to my 2F with a Weber 38, using the Weber adapter. I thought I remembered seeing a thread some time ago that folks thought the 1F cleaner is better? I couldn't find it.

My question is this: should I just remove the thermally activated diverter and block that lower opening on the air tube? I don't think it's really necessary and don't have the hose to fit it. Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

:beer: Ramon Weller

My F aircleaner did not have a thermally activated diverter on it. Some had a manual diverter which comes in mighty handy to prevent carburetor icing. Probably not a huge issue in NC, but when the air temp is 33-34* and the humidity is high, conditions are right for icing.
My 2F aircleaner does have the thermally activated flapper and i do have it hooked up.

Ed

I am adapting a 1F aircleaner to my 2F with a Weber 38, using the Weber adapter.

Why? Do you not have the 2F air cleaner?

I thought I remembered seeing a thread some time ago that folks thought the 1F cleaner is better?

I do not remember reading/seeing this... :meh:

should I just remove the thermally activated diverter and block that lower opening on the air tube?

Should work. But again, I do not know why you would want to go through the work of making the F air cleaner assembly fit the Weber on a 2F engine.

What manifolds are you using?

:meh:

I have both the F air cleaner assy and and several 2F air cleaner assy.

The only advantage I could even imagine in using the F would be that you do not have to plug all of the vacuum nipple holes in the 2F air filter cover assy. I assume you are going for a De-Smog.

The F air filter I have is secured by using the front two head bolts on the driverside of the head.

I run the 2F air filter assy's on all my rigs.

I have a 1F air cleaner on my 2F. One issue you may run into is if you add power steering, is where to mount the power steering pump.

i picked 1f because than you can still bolt a grill onto the valve cover to do some underhood cooking.

Why? Do you not have the 2F air cleaner?

I have both, I like where the 1F sits on the D.S. and doesn't block the valve cover.

Should work. But again, I do not know why you would want to go through the work of making the F air cleaner assembly fit the Weber on a 2F engine.

What manifolds are you using?

:meh:

Again, just like the fitment for my rig. I am running the stock ('78) intake and a 6-1 POS header that I absolutely hate.

I have a 1F air cleaner on my 2F. One issue you may run into is if you add power steering, is where to mount the power steering pump.

I have a GM PS pump and it clears fine. Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom