• 1F Design

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 2F Design

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mtweller

SILVER Star

Hey all, I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. I am adapting a 1F aircleaner to my 2F with a Weber 38, using the Weber adapter. I thought I remembered seeing a thread some time ago that folks thought the 1F cleaner is better? I couldn't find it.

My question is this: should I just remove the thermally activated diverter and block that lower opening on the air tube? I don't think it's really necessary and don't have the hose to fit it. Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

:beer: Ramon Weller

My F aircleaner did not have a thermally activated diverter on it. Some had a manual diverter which comes in mighty handy to prevent carburetor icing. Probably not a huge issue in NC, but when the air temp is 33-34* and the humidity is high, conditions are right for icing.
My 2F aircleaner does have the thermally activated flapper and i do have it hooked up.

Ed

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

I am adapting a 1F aircleaner to my 2F with a Weber 38, using the Weber adapter.

Why? Do you not have the 2F air cleaner?

I thought I remembered seeing a thread some time ago that folks thought the 1F cleaner is better?

I do not remember reading/seeing this... :meh:

should I just remove the thermally activated diverter and block that lower opening on the air tube?

Should work. But again, I do not know why you would want to go through the work of making the F air cleaner assembly fit the Weber on a 2F engine.

What manifolds are you using?

:meh:

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers

I have both the F air cleaner assy and and several 2F air cleaner assy.

The only advantage I could even imagine in using the F would be that you do not have to plug all of the vacuum nipple holes in the 2F air filter cover assy. I assume you are going for a De-Smog.

The F air filter I have is secured by using the front two head bolts on the driverside of the head.

I run the 2F air filter assy's on all my rigs.

SouthBostonFJ40

SILVER Star

I have a 1F air cleaner on my 2F. One issue you may run into is if you add power steering, is where to mount the power steering pump.

mtweller

SILVER Star

Why? Do you not have the 2F air cleaner?
I have both, I like where the 1F sits on the D.S. and doesn't block the valve cover.

Should work. But again, I do not know why you would want to go through the work of making the F air cleaner assembly fit the Weber on a 2F engine.

What manifolds are you using?

:meh:
Again, just like the fitment for my rig. I am running the stock ('78) intake and a 6-1 POS header that I absolutely hate.

I have a 1F air cleaner on my 2F. One issue you may run into is if you add power steering, is where to mount the power steering pump.
I have a GM PS pump and it clears fine. Thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom