1998 Lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. Did any 80's come with just rear lockers. The switch on the dash of a 98 I'm lookin at only shows rear and the ID tag doesnt have the "k" # for lockers.

ThanksAJ

Rear lockers were offered on the 100 series. Where are you located? There were no 80 series Land Cruiser in the United States in 1998. '97 was the last year.

DOH. Sorry Its a 100. Ad said it was an 80 and I had no idea. Ive had Jeeps for 20 years and out grown my currrent cherokee so Im lookin at The 80 series Cruiser. Guess I need to do a little more research before asking stupid questions.

AJ

The newbie guide on the Slee offroad site is a good place to start. It has a good chronology of the 80 series from a 'Mudder's perspective.

-B-

100s came only with rear locker (optional), not front (due to independent front suspension). Well, and center - I think they all have that.

akrazgpr said:
I'm lookin at The 80 series Cruiser.

AJ

Take that 100 for a test drive. You don't want an 80 no V8.

NMuzj100 said:
Take that 100 for a test drive. You don't want an 80 no V8.

I suppose he could settle for a 100 if he couldn't find a locked 80, especially if he has no plans to use it off-road.

-B-

Oh-oh...

That 80 vs 100 thread issue is like a zen koan...... there is no right answer.

If given the choice between the blonde and the brunette, why not take both? :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom