1998 4 Runner Blows Fuse shifting to 2nd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pardion

SILVER Star
Threads
3.4 Auto 4WD Limited. Car does good in drive but manually downshifting to 2nd blows the 10 amp fuse for the dash gauges, heater fan, and power windows. Has this happened to anyone else? I was going to start removing the interior console but I figured I'd check with the 4 Runner Guru's here first. Thanks, John

t4r.org. But, I suspect they won't be much help either. This is a very odd problem. If I was going to guess, it's the 2nd gear bulb that is causing the short.

Any results yet? I have the exact same problem! 1998 4Runner Limited. I have been the sole owner on it, so i know nothing weird has been done to my baby. Was blowing 10amp gauge fuse all the time and it stopped after replacing the bushings on the shifter, so it does not (occasionally when over aggressively flipping to Drive) slip the electronics into showing 2nd and not really be in 2nd. Now, when shifting to second it blows the fuse. I am thinking to cut the wire from shifter that goes to the combination meter (Toyota speak for the dash gauges). But what did you do? Find success and where?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom