SOLD 1997 LX450 -- Lots of Upgrades, Beautiful Drawer System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Meet Hank. A 1997 Lexus LX450 that has everything you want in a go-anywhere adventure vehicle and travel companion. No major issues. Has ~294,000 miles, with plenty more left in it. If you're on this forum, you'll know what to do with it.

Price dropped to $14,500 -- Feel free to make an offer. My No. 1 priority is that it go to a good new home; not trying to make money on this.

Although the photos speak for themselves -- check out the drawer system/camp kitchen(!) -- I've tried to include a thorough description below. If you have any questions, just give me a call. Glad to arrange a test drive for a serious buyer, but trying to be careful due to the Covid situation. Let's talk by phone first.

Have full service records dating back to 2002, showing long history of regular, on-time maintenance. All parts used during my ownership are genuine Toyota or better. Regular maintenance by Toyota dealer. Check out the photos, and you'll understand why it pains me to sell this truck.

We've been together since 2014, during which time the truck has received many upgrades. These include (from front to rear):

Slee "Short Bus" front bumper
Bumper-mounted Hella lights -- two high beams, and two yellow fog/snow lights, all wired to factory-style switches
Slee upgraded headlight harness (brighter headlights)
Optima yellow-top battery
Completely replaced cooling system as preventative measure -- upgraded fan clutch, Toyota water pump, new factory hoses, thermostat, etc.
Replaced Pesky Heater Hose with silicone (Pesky Heater Hose Kits).
Old Man Emu springs, shocks, and steering stabilizer.
16" Tundra steel wheels with Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx tires.
Baja Rack basket-style roof rack.
De-flared/body cladding removed. Covered with vinyl wrap (durable, been through a ton of carwashes, etc.)
Replaced all interior seat covers with new leather.
Upgraded speakers.
Check out that JDM cupholder in the dash! (Super rare in the US, and trust me, it's nice to have.)
Custom-made walnut drawer system that fits a full camp kitchen. Tons of research, hours of labor, and lots of materials cost went into this. It is the best drawer system I've seen on an 80. One of the best I've seen on any vehicle.
4x4 Labs rear bumper with dual swing-outs (tire carrier and ladder/high-lift mount)
Custom wood-handled keys -- one cherry, one ebony
Comes with Toyota Factory Service Manual

There's more I'm forgetting. If you have questions, just let me know.

What doesn't work? Cruise control. Rear defroster -- missing a wiring tab on the rear glass, but replacement comes with the truck. A box of other random spare parts comes with it as well.

Any replacement panels? Yes, upper tailgate. Old one had a bit of rust below the rear window seal. Replaced mine.

Any rust? A small spot in the driver's side rocker panel. A few bubbles around the factory roof rack screws -- common, but usually hidden under the factory rack. Please see photos. The roof rack itself has some rust.

Any accidents? Minor fender-bender to rear prior to replacement of rear bumper. Small dent in lower rear tailgate. See photo.

What would you do to it if you kept it? Drive it! And eventually do a respray/fill of holes from body cladding.

01 Front PS.jpeg

03 Front DS.JPG

04 Rear 1.JPG

05 Drawers 1.JPG

10 Interior Driver Seat 1.JPG

Last edited:
It is. Glad to talk by phone, or post more details if you have questions.

Had requests for more photos, so going to try to post them here -- sorry if I didn't get a reply to everyone's private messages.

Engine Compartment 1.jpeg

Engine Compartment with Lights.jpeg

Underside 1.jpeg

Underside 2.jpeg

Underside 3.jpeg

Last one for now, but glad to post more if there is anything else you want to see.

13 Key.jpeg

14 Dent 1.JPG

16 Rust Spot Rocker Panel.jpeg

Hood Chips.jpeg

DS Paint 2.JPG

Alright, here are more. I'm going to miss this thing . . .

DS Paint.JPG

PS Paint.JPG

PS.jpeg

Rack Rust.jpeg

Rack Mounts FL.jpeg

Why are you selling? Looks really dialed and ready-made for more good times down the road.

Thanks. It’s a great truck. I basically just need the space. It pains me to sell, but I ended up with another car that I really can’t part with (and that brought the total vehicles to 4). I am definitely going to miss it.

Wow what a rig. Expect to drive this thing for at least another 300k miles. GLWS
Thanks! Still available if people are looking. I realize it's a buyer's market right now, so feel free to make an offer if you're interested.

FYI, truck is still for sale. Lowered the price. Please feel free to make an offer if you're interested.

Update: Got the truck smoked yesterday -- passed, no issues.

Also had it serviced at the dealer earlier this week. New rear knock sensor, new heater control valve, and replacement of a couple heater hoses as preventive maintenance. (Note this did not involve the "pesky heater hose" -- did that one about 2 years ago as mentioned in the original post.)

All in, this was about $950 spent on it this week. Not changing the asking price, though.

What a great rig. If this had been for sale last summer I’d like to think I’d have wound up with Hank...GLWS, and nice work.

Nice looking rig! That'll be a happy buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom