SOLD 1997 Lexus LX450 with 2UZFE, TRD SC and 163k original miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Gold
Outside Link
https://www.flickr.com/gp/erics_adventures/PWx6xg
Year: 1997
Make: Lexus
Model: LX450
Miles: 163K
Toyota 2UZFE V8 and TRD super charger
Fully built plus factory center, front and rear lockers
Photos: https://www.flickr.com/gp/erics_adventures/PWx6xg
Price: $50,000 FIRM

This is likely one of the nicest, most well built Land Cruiser 80 series for sale in the USA. As for as I know its also the only 2UZFEE swaped 80 series Land Cruiser for sale in the USA at this time.

This swap was made most famous by Slee in Colorado, it essentially takes the 100 series Land Cruiser drive train and bolts it into an 80 series, thus creating what is arguably the best, most capable Land Cruiser you could own in the USA.

I purchased the LX450 on 1/2/20 with 158,222 miles, it was professionally built by a shop in Grants Pass, Oregon at about 154k miles. It has a clean and clear Oregon title and has been on the West Coast since new.

When I bought it I added the rear tire carrier and fifth tire, new windshield, new battery, larger battery wires, new terminals and hold down, new antenna , installed custom AC lines and had the system charged, and regular service items like oil change, wipers, etc...I’ve since done regular maintenance.

Since my purchase it has predominantly resided at our ski house in the Sierras. I've also taken the rig on multiple trips and its been absolutely faultless. The rig averages just over 14mpg, that's better than my stock LX450 and its way more enjoyable to drive with the added power.

The following modification have been completed since about 154k miles:

MECHANICAL
Engine: Toyota 2UZFE V8 from 99 Toyota Tundra (80k miles at installation)
Super Charger: ToyotaTRD (new at installation)
Engine monitoring: Unichip Performance Computer and Flux2 monitor
Dual battery: Slee simple interior monitor but don’t know isolator brand
Transmission: Transgo shift kit valve body upgrade
Shocks: Icon remote reservoir shocks for 4” lift
Springs: Slee 4" heavy lift springs
Superflex Radius Arms for 4” lift
Steering stabilizer: Old Man Emu
Hubs: Marks 4wheel drive part time kit and manual locking hubs
Gearing: Nitro 4.56 gears
Tires: (Five) BFG KO2 315/75/16 --Speedometer has been recalibrated for the tires

BODY
Front bumper: Ironman with integrated fog lights and LED running lights and indicators
Winch: Smitybuilt X20 with synthetic rope
Rear Bumper and swing out: ARB with integrated brake and indicator lights
Sliders: Metaltech
Roof rack: Prinsu
HID Xenon headlights

INTERIOR
Leather: Katskin first and second row
Carpet: OEM front section
Cubby: Wits End
Floor liners: Weathertech front row

VEHICLE CONDITION

This is one beautiful truck but with any truck from 1997 there will be some imperfections. I am going to be extremely nit picky in my overview below, 99% of people would never even notice the small imperfections I mention but I believe a truck at this price and of this calibur requires it.

Exterior: The LX has all of its original paint and panels with all VIN stickers in place. It has never, as far as I can tell, had any paint or body work. The body and paint are in excellent condition, there are one or two minor dings and scratches, none of which show up in the photos so its not show room perfect but its darn close. It is also nearly rust free aside from one singular small spot in the lower corner of the rear tailgate window, its about a one-inch spot. This is shown in the pictures and is the only rust anywhere.

Undercarriage: Very clean with no rust on the frame, underbody, or any drivetrain parts. A few fasteners do have some light surface rust that you can spot in the pictures, there is nothing hiding anywhere in the wheel wells or under anything not shown.

Interior: The interior looks quite amazing; you'd be hard pressed to find a like interior. The first-row seats, center console and front door arm rests and second row seats have all new leather from Katskin. It’s of excellent quality, I think it’s better than the stock leather. The front carpet was replaced with OEM carpet and the rest of the carpet looks nearly new.

The only blemish on the interior is a couple of small nicks in the driver side rear passenger door in the upper panel, the area is very small, maybe a quarter of an inch, but I did notice it. Other than that, you couldn't tell the interior from new. Everything in the interior works as it did from the factory aside from the moonroof it works/doesn't work, I don't use it since the Prinsu rack blocks it anyway.

The LX also comes with Weathertech liners for the front and OEM center and rear cargo area carpeted mats. The third-row seats are included and are the original leather, so they are not a match to the first two rows.

Drivetrain: The LX has a very coveted Toyota 2UZFE V8 swap and TRD super charger, this is the heart and soul of this build and what makes me and every other guy giddy when they drive it. Honestly, its nothing like driving a stock 80 series, it’s kind of mind boggling. I've had eight Land Cruisers, but none are like driving this.

The engine is from a 99 Toyota Tundra with 80k miles, the Toyota TRD super charge was new when installed. If you know anything about this swap you know its a minimum $25k for the engine swap and the super charger adds another $5k. The transmission was also upgraded with a Transgo valve body, it hold shifts under hard acceleration longer and shifts much harder than a stock trans, it definitely makes good use of the power. The engine is controlled by a Unichip Performance Computer and monitor connected to the OBDII port. Also, all of the emmissions equipment is in place, cats, sensors, everything to make it SMOG and emissions legal anywhere.

Suspension: The LX has a 4" suspension lift, one-inch body lift and is running on 35" tires, it’s not a small vehicle but is well proportioned and has been built correctly to accommodate the lift. Even with the list it honestly handles better than my non-lifted 1996 LX450. I guess the remote reservoir Icon shocks are worth the over $4k they cost. Lots of other stuff has been done that I've listed below but the part-time four-wheel drive kit with manual locking hubs deserves mention here too.

Armor: All the goodies, front and rear bumpers, tire swing out, roof rack, sliders, winch, etc...all the stuff you need to take it wherever you want and not smash all those pretty original body panels. Oh, and it’s all been powder coated to match, including the wheels, everything but the rear swing out. I do have the powder coated cover plate in the event the tire carrier is removed.

Depending on where and how you intend to use the rig there are a couple of items you may want to address.

First, I would also have a knowledgeable place develop a custom tune, the engine and SC are running a selection of boxed tunes but I think it would be better served with a custom tune as it will set off the check engine light on occasion.

Second, with the part-time four-wheel drive modification the ABS light will come on when the hubs are running free and the truck is in 2wd. There is a relocation kit to remedy this, I obviously never bothered as I always ran it with the hubs locked so I could switch directly into four wheel drive but it may be something you want to do.

Otherwise, there is nothing to do except drive it, enjoy it, and chuckle when you pass someone going up a mountain. It beats waiting for the next turn out to let others pass.

PRICE

Price is $50,000 FIRM

Two 2UZFE swapped and similarly built rigs sold on IH8MUD about two years ago, those sold for $43k and $53k. Also, there are over $50k in upgrades in this truck. Most unmodified 3x locked non-swapped 95-97 80 series Land Crusiers in this condition with only 163k miles are selling for a minimum $25k and those on Bring and Trailor (BAT), are selling between $30-40k without this level of upgrades so I based my pricing with these factors in mind also.

I'm happy to talk about it if you have any questions or if you want to see it in person. If you are serious about buying, I would suggest you come see it, don’t take my word for everything here, see it for yourself maybe you will notice something I missed.

Previous Sales:

Contact information: Please email to evanwambeke@yahoo.com to initiate contact. I’m happy to talk on the phone after.

Thanks,
Eric

P5230741.JPG

P5230681.JPG

P5230689.JPG

P5230666.JPG

Last edited:
We need way more pictures here!!!

122 pics plus video I can't imagine what else someone could need. My girlfriend offered to take some bikini pics washing the car but I didn't think anybody wanted photos of a middle aged guy washing his car.

122 pics plus video I can't imagine what else someone could need. My girlfriend offered to take some bikini pics washing the car but I didn't think anybody wanted photos of a middle aged guy washing his car.
Doh! I read through the description and didn't go back to the beginning and missed that!

Oh come on now, don’t disappoint us!

Beautiful truck. GLWS. Do you get called a nazi every 10 minutes driving that thing in SFO?

Thanks

Surprisingly not, people on average in SF are so car unaware it amazes me, nobody pays any attention or shows any interest in exotic, rare or otherwise interesting cars. Its the only place I can drive a diesel RHD truck and nobody pays attention.
Beautiful truck. GLWS. Do you get called a nazi every 10 minutes driving that thing in SFO?

Beauty! Tagging my sale thread brings back memories. A 4.7 SC 80 is the way they should have been from the factory in ‘97. GLWS

As a fellow LX450 owner, at least for a little while longer (mine is also for sale on here), I have to say this is one of the best 80's I have ever seen. Worth every penny you are asking for it. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks, I do also have this one so I won't be without an LX.

20210424_124517.jpg

Yes, as stated in the listing it was built by a shop in Grants Pass. However, not getting into the sale conditions or circumstances I will say that we worked out a deal that was fair, equitable, and that we were both pleased with.

BUMP

50k and all interior pics everything outside the truck has rust all over it.

Last edited:
What are you talkin about? I think you are commenting on the wrong for sale ad. There is absolutely no rust in the interior of this truck without question. Go look again!

50k and all the non plastic interior pics are covered in rust??

Last edited:
What are you talkin about? I think you are commenting on the wrong for sale ad. There is absolutely no rust in the interior of this truck without question. Go look again!
better??

Good question, there must be options, I will ask around as its been a long time since I financed a car. Maybe others here have some ideas too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom