For Sale 1997 Land Cruiser Collectors Edition, Pasadena CA (not mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if I am missing out on this one but something does not seem right. Does anyone recall this LC being posted in Craigslist about 1 yr ago? I swear I saw this ad before with the exact same pics.

This was posted late Friday night. I called and texted early Saturday morning when I saw the ad. Finally, on Sunday night I got a text back from the owner saying he would be out of town for a wedding for 2-3 weeks. I am going with my gut on this one and not buying it. Any other takers? :)

OK, got it.
Flippers are good. And Mudders who looks out for one another are bad.

Thanks for the lesson. Enjoy your third Land Cruiser. Try Greg Mushro in AZ or the Marks clan.

How is the buyer getting f***ed? Vehicles need to be reconditioned at this age. Are you saying they should sell LC in the poor condition they bought it in?

I’m looking for a 3rd LC80 to mess around with. I just can’t stand tire kickers. I also don’t understand why others post threads about others ads. That’s some creepy stalker s***. If you have plans to buy it then buy it. If it’s out of your price range move along.
As a regular buyer of land cruisers, I’ve noticed an increase in the number of sellers that are overstating the vehicle - such as the seller of this collectors edition. The seller states he is the second owner of the vehicle and has owned for the last 7 years. That’s obviously not correct due to it recently being sold at auction in Maryland.

I certainly have no issues with people reconditioning a vehicle. But honestly, there really is no reason to lie about the history of this vehicle if there is nothing to hide. We all recognize it as a low mileage, decently rare collectors edition. We all know that people paint vehicles. But when the seller clearly lies about the vehicle’ recent history then some warning flags go off. Maybe it’s not a reason to be concerned....maybe it is....

There have been several threads I can think of where someone posts up the type of information that @ace10 and others have shared and a new member comes online saying he/she was about to buy said vehicle and were so thankful for the additional information. That’s the point of the Mud community.

I’m new to the site and am looking for a 80 series. The seller is close to me and I thought about looking at it. I read this post and realized there ar3 some misrepresentations about the vehicle. I proceeding to move on and am still looking. Thanks to those who posted this info as it saved me from buying something that would have been regretted.

Re-listed. I hope someone doesn’t take the bait and overpay a premium for this.

I didn't know they made any CEs in red....

Also, what's with the random pics of a sage 40th near the end of the photos?

So it has a new paint job? The roof doesn't look new to me....

Could be legit, but something doesn't smell right here.

If it means anything, I've got a '97 CE in red for my daily. They're out there, but mine's the only red CE i've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom