For Sale 1997 Land Cruiser Collectors Edition, Pasadena CA (not mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if I am missing out on this one but something does not seem right. Does anyone recall this LC being posted in Craigslist about 1 yr ago? I swear I saw this ad before with the exact same pics.

This was posted late Friday night. I called and texted early Saturday morning when I saw the ad. Finally, on Sunday night I got a text back from the owner saying he would be out of town for a wedding for 2-3 weeks. I am going with my gut on this one and not buying it. Any other takers? :)

I didn't know they made any CEs in red....

Also, what's with the random pics of a sage 40th near the end of the photos?

So it has a new paint job? The roof doesn't look new to me....

Could be legit, but something doesn't smell right here.

It's missing the wood veneer trim, and there's no picture of the HVAC control, but other than than those two items the rig appears to be a CE.

The red should be Medium Red Pearl. No clue WTF the seller is talking about with "muleta" red mention.

This seems very fishy. I wanted to go look at today and for some weird reply about a function out of town. I’m not going to waste any time on this one.

CE s were available in every color except 1B2 Antique Sage Pear which is only for 40th.

Some were built with and some without lockers.

Does anybody know if you can tell if a TLC is a CE or 40th from the VIN?

No affiliation:

Adding more info to this thread, since it's now on ebay and being presented as a well-maintained, pristine CE.

JT3HJ85J7V0185790

The short version... The flipper/seller is full of s***. Caveat Emptor

Here are the pics of when this rig sold at Copart auction in Maryland.

7eaafda7-e443-44b3-bc9e-1e7dfe887997.JPG

e03cf320-86e4-4e40-8a3a-4c7feb0dc27f.JPG

fb08e44b-94a0-461c-8967-caac8cdb5aad.JPG

416819f3-33df-42c4-95a8-ab6a7e4c164d.JPG
59bb4072-80f4-4e11-98af-b1c924363888.JPG

75546563-3911-465a-ad1e-2cd0d2399d56.JPG

4ad1d069-1abe-4235-9b58-110f40c14b26.JPG

The lying scumbag flipper claims to have owned this rig for the past seven years. This 80 has traveled 230 miles between the Copart auction and the ebay auction.

Bidders are high.

One only has to look at the first picture to see how s***ty the paint job really is. A blindfolded monkey can apply masking tape better than that.

s-l1600.jpg

How does he get around carfax showing it was auctioned etc ?

Jeez though crowd. I think the seller did a great job cleaning up the before condition. The engine bay looks much better than before and the paint looks way better than what it used to look like. Someone posted that the paint job was crappy. Well it was worse before. I’m glad people are fixing these up and keeping them on the road. This allows others to enjoy them who would not otherwise have the time or know how to do so themselves.

You know, you're totally right. These guys are doing the Land Cruiser community a real favor by scooping up salvage-quality rigs, putting a s***ty paint job on them and then lying out their asses about the history and condition. We're truly blessed. Same goes for the 60/62 angels who fill up rust-buckets with bondo and then roll back the Odos.

Thanks for setting me straight on the subject. 🙏

You are right. You are the savor of the land cruiser community. It’s really pathetic that you posted a thread about someone else’s ad just to s*** on it. The guy says it has a clean title. He said he polished up the car. There’s no history of rollback. It’s all on us to check out the vehicle before buying anyways. Have you ever seen a really nice looking vehicle in photos and show up and it looks terrible.

Have you seen it in person? Have you talked to the seller in person? Are you mad they didn’t have time to talk with you? I feel sorry for you dude.

Confused much?
I didn't post this thread.
I didn't say that there was a rollback on this 80. In fact, I actually posted pics of the odo and specifically commented about how few miles have been accumulated while this guy shined this turd up for resale.

There are so many lies in the listing... if you think that's OK, then that's pretty messed up.
I messaged the seller. He lied there too.

I think it's really pathetic when people go out of their way to defend flippers, especially when they're a newb to Mud and have no friggin clue how badly people get ****ed by these scumbags. Makes me wonder about motivations and whether somebody is maybe a flipper and just trying to defend their brethren.

I feel sorry for the victims of these scumbags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom