For Sale 1997 FZJ-80 /Land Cruiser/ (Fredericksburg, VA) $8,800 o.b.o. NOT LOCKED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can I get some input on my price?

I ran everything with "Good" condition and "Excellent" (just to be realistic/fair). I'm basing my final price on "Good" condition. Let's be honest...KBB is always high...Edmunds is always low.

NADA: Clean retail (dealer raping price) $9,575. Clean trade-in $6,950. Average trade-in $5,800.

Edmunds: Dealer retail $8,208. Private party $5,882. Trade-in $4,558.

KBB: "Excellent" Trade-in $7,450. "Good" Trade-in $6,900. Private party sale "Good" $8,635. Private party "Excellent" $9,235.

Those numbers are not considering the fact that the vehicle has been maintained (where the average 80 that I see running around town doesn't look like it has been). Being realistic...and not wanting to beat around the bush playing the nickle and dime price drop game for the next two months...I'll go ahead and say that the lowest I will go is $7,800. I see clapped out 60 series going for $3k+ around here, so I think that's pretty reasonable. I'll just hang onto it if I can't get that.

Replied. I found a cheap DD today (a Volvo V70). If the inspection goes well on that tomorrow, I'll just keep the LC as a weekend toy. I'll update the thread one way or another tomorrow evening. :beer:

KEEP IT!!!

Yeah...I'm sure that's what I'll wind up doing at this point.

Apparently the person I was looking at buying this Volvo from was either mistaken or less than honest about the service history. They have two V70's...one white and one blue. The white one has everything done. The blue one (the one I was looking at buying) is apparently due for it's 120k service (it's at 117k miles), timing belt (appears to have never been replaced...supposed to be replaced every 70k), fuel filter, PCV service (the system is clogged), etc. :rolleyes:

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, but the sellers husband didn't seem all that shocked when I told him that. The wife said that everything was done in January. Talking to the shop this morning to setup a pre-purchase inspection (I wanted copies of the invoices), January was when they had it in to pass inspection (it needed tie rods..inner and outer) and they noted a bunch of issues.

$7,500. I don't have the time to meet someone outside of the area. If you'd like to travel up here to see it, I'd be happy to talk about a date/time to meet up. Let me know what questions you have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom