1996 LC, your opinion before I buy! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

offroadkid

GOLD Star
Threads
In found a 96 at a Toyota dealer. 1 owner, 58K miles, white, everything but lockers. It's so tempting! I got them down to $18, and they'll deliver it to my house. It drives so much better than my 92! I told them I'd think about it today. I had wanted a 97, is there much difference? Thanks for your input!

Joshua,

You'll have to teach us how you were able to talk the dealer down to $18 for a 96 :D

If the high price does not bother you much and your primary concern was to get a low-mileage Cruiser, then I say go ahead and get it(no lockers either).

I would think you should be able to find a nice, low-mileage 97, collectors edition and all, in the similar price range if you are fairly diligent.

Good luck!

mot

There are several LC for sale on EBay ... you could check prices. One 97 collector edition is there.

Search Ebay on "Toyota Land Cruiser"

A year ago, I bought a cherry mall cruiser 97 [glow=red,2,300]with lockers[/glow] for the same price. And since then I've seen many more for less. Keep looking for the lockers.

Too much...........

One of our club members got a 96 just like that one but with more miles for 5 grand less about 3 months ago.....

At 58k it is coming up on a 60k service and it will need a front axle service. IF all of that had been done and done PROPERLY AND it had lockers, you would be a lot closer to reality.

there is "supposedly" a nice 96 with 80k on it for 8 grand at a dealer by me, just heard of it today........now that seems like a dang good deal.

Landpimp, find out for me...if it has lockers PM me...I will buy it :D

Too much. Bought my 96 in March for just under 18. It has lockers, had 66k on it, just had its 60k service done too. Oh and it was black to boot! The dealer wanted 21k for it to start.....crazy, just crazy....With whats out their for SUV's...spending 18k on a used 80 is worth it.

Mark

I will sell my 97 LC for you at 18k.
It is Blk/Tan, Xenon lights, K&N, CDL, Brush/tail guard, No Luggage rack. 115k mile.

Just kidding :D. What i am saying is, it seems high for 96 unless it has impeccable service history. Sometimes, white colors are hard to see the paint finish, especially clearcoat. Look carefully and also check the rusting. I did look at one white 96 LC before I bought mine and it had clear coat coming off at the center of hood, but will not show when you are just looking at it.

Picked up a 93 w/102k for $9385....See a few in the area that are a couple thousand less for the 97 you're looking at....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom