For Sale 1996 Land Cruiser FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have another 80 and a 100 and a 120, so this needs to go to a new home...for my sanity.

Car: Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80

Year: 1996

Mileage: 241k

Title: clean

Condition: needs some TLC

Exterior Color: Black

Interior Color: Tan

PRICE: $2200 or BO

Transaction Type: private cash only as is sale. No smog, no warranty.

Options: all the standard FZJ80 stuff but NO optional lockers

I bought this truck a couple of years ago for a swap project. Drove it home, paid all the fees and put it on NonOp. It’s only been started and moved around but not driven since.

Starts up every time and runs fine, as it has a brand new battery, but needs many things fixed. For general condition please see the photos. The truck has no rust on the body anywhere, undercarriage is in great shape, all glass is good, interior is complete and in decent shape, all interior and exterior lights work, etc… this is why I thought it would be a good project truck. I never did a CarFax so don't know if it ever had an accident but I think the front passenger door may have been replaced as I don't see a VIN sticker. All other doors and panels have the VIN attached.

So, what's wrong with it you ask? Well honestly, lots, but most are common FZJ80 issues which are discussed further below. Most of these aren't that hard to fix if you have the time. And if it’s going to be a wheeler you’ll probably just ditch most of the problem items anyway.

+front seats are screwed up, don't move or don't move properly, and driver leather is cracked.

+sunroof is stuck, motor runs but it doesn't move, I sealed it with some plastic so it wouldn't leak until fixed

+driver door handle is broken on outside, rear hatch is missing inside tailgate lever, hood latch and gas cap latch and some locks are sticky but work.

+no carpet in rear utility area

+driver sun visor doesn’t stay up

+some speakers seem blown and antennae missing

+oxidation on hood

+airbag and ABS lights are on. ABS just because plugs are disconnected at axel no other reason. Not sure about airbag light.

I may or may not have mentioned everything but you get the point, lots of little things that could be resolved in one trip to Pick and Pull and hours with your tools. I don’t know if the head gasket was ever done nor do I know anything else about service history or ownership aside from the previous owner was in Marin.

There is one issue that needs more attention before it’s driven. The bolt on the driver side rear axle in the shock post snapped when removing it, it needs to be drilled/pulled out. Shop said two hours labor to fix when I asked about it. But you can’t drive it until that’s done. Or I sure wouldn’t…

I think that about covers it, feel free to ask questions and I’ll answer the best I can. I’ve tried to cover everything, if I omitted it, it wasn’t on purpose.

Email is best, please don’t waste my time and I won’t waste yours.

Thanks,

Eric
email me directly at evanwambeke at yahoo dot com and mention MUD

Its on CL in San Francisco too, for photos,
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser

Sale Pending

SOLD!!!

you mind sharing what she went for. im selling as well and have some of the problems you had. appreciate any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom