craigslist 1996 FZJ80 West Knoxville (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't know it but it looks really well sorted. Pretty much perfect build (and modest tone, right adjectives in the CL ad). Must be on here somewhere

I inquired about it a few days ago before I found another that I’m going to buy. Here’s a little more info in an email he sent to me:

I have owned the cruiser 5 years. It was lifted when I bought it, had bumpers and sliders, and had a brand new winch installed. In the last few months I put gears in, rebuild the front end hub to hub, new brakes, new panhatd bars front and rear, new front/rear main seals, oil pump seal, and distributor seal. New radiator, new wheels and tires. The original motor had a head gasket failure and a 60k mike motor was installed by a reputable cruiser shop in Atlanta called Urban Landcruiser. They replaced all the heater hoses and several other things. (Have paper work)
Based on the paperwork the head gasket was not done. The motor currently has around 135k on it.

I'm in contact with the seller, possibly making a trip to inspect this weekend.

Did anyone check this rig out in person?
I looked at it, and drove it. It’s a very clean, and well maintained machine. The 4:88 gears really make a difference in pep. Both lockers actuate smoothly, and more quickly than most I’ve tested. There were no discernible oil leaks. Windows, and sun roof opened fine, and sliding rears. The hood, and roof are more faded than pics show. All in all it’s a really great 80.

Owner is very nice, and very knowledgeable.

So did you purchase or volunteering your inspection services for the group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom