1995 Land Cruiser Dash Clock Removal and Fix/ Power Antenna mast replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I'm trying to replace my broken dash clock in my 95 Land Cruiser. The truck is in really good condition and before I go breaking stuff, I want to reach out to you guys for some help. How do I remove the dash clock and what tools will I need?

Second question. I want to replace my power antenna. I looked on youtube but didn't find exactly what I need. I'm concerned about the clips in the right front plastic fender mud flaps breaking. How do I remove the power antenna and if needed, where do I buy the clips for any ones that may break in the process? What tools will be needed for the job? Please help! haha.

The clock snaps in from the rear of the dash. Here's the FSM section.

The antenna is tucked into the fender behind the cruise control. You don't have to remove the CC, but it makes life easier of you do. Just unbolt it from the fender and move it out of the way. There aren't any clips, just the bezel on the fender. Wrap it with tape and us a wrench to remove it.

If you want to completely remove it, the lead is tucked in behind the fan, in the passenger footwell. If you're removing the dash, pull the radio while you're there and tie a string to the antenna lead. This way you'll be able to pull the lead away form the radio and give yourself some room to work with the aerial. When you're done, pull the string and the lead comes right back to you. You really don't need to completely remove the antenna and lead to do any repairs, but you will need a couple of inches of extra lead on the engine side of the firewall.

If by clips, you mean the flare retainers, don't touch them. They are not in the way or near the antenna. If you want to remove the flare, you're going to destroy them, unless they are fairly new; the plastic gets very brittle with age. They are still available from any parts supplier.

Attachments

• 1995, Body Mechanical System, Instrument Panel (BO 59-64).pdf
    208.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
The clock snaps in from the rear of the dash. Here's the FSM section.

The antenna is tucked into the fender behind the cruise control. You don't have to remove the CC, but it makes life easier of you do. Just unbolt it from the fender and move it out of the way. There aren't any clips, just the bezel on the fender. Wrap it with tape and us a wrench to remove it.

If you want to completely remove it, the lead is tucked in behind the fan, in the passenger footwell. If you're removing the dash, pull the radio while you're there and tie a string to the antenna lead. This way you'll be able to pull the lead away form the radio and give yourself some room to work with the aerial. When you're done, pull the string and the lead comes right back to you. You really don't need to completely remove the antenna and lead to do any repairs, but you will need a couple of inches of extra lead on the engine side of the firewall.

If by clips, you mean the flare retainers, don't touch them. They are not in the way or near the antenna. If you want to remove the flare, you;re going to destroy them, unless they are fairly new; the plastic gets very brittle with age. They are still available from any parts supplier.
Thanks ALOT!

Second question. I want to replace my power antenna. I looked on youtube but didn't find exactly what I need. I'm concerned about the clips in the right front plastic fender mud flaps breaking. How do I remove the power antenna and if needed, where do I buy the clips for any ones that may break in the process? What tools will be needed for the job? Please help! haha.
If your antenna motor is still working but the mast is broken or not moving 100% you can swap the mast for a new OEM for around $40. Real easy to install as well.

If your antenna motor is still working but the mast is broken or not moving 100% you can swap the mast for a new OEM for around $40. Real easy to install as well.
This is what I'm currently dealing with. I bought one from Amazon that doesn't have the ridged plastic part attached so I think I may have the wrong one.

This is what I'm currently dealing with. I bought one from Amazon that doesn't have the ridged plastic part attached so I think I may have the wrong one.
86336-60040 - Mast
86392-60040 - Antenna Gasket - The black Rubber that sits on the fender and holds the mast in position
86396-89102 - Antenna nut - The shiny nut that holds it all together

All three will set you back about $50 from McGeorge.

86336-60040 - Mast
86392-60040 - Antenna Gasket - The black Rubber that sits on the fender and holds the mast in position
86396-89102 - Antenna nut - The shiny nut that holds it all together

All three will set you back about $50 from McGeorge.
Great. I'll post pics when I'm finished. Thank you!

DSC00404.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom