1994 FZJ75 pickup from KSA comments (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Threads
So my computer updated yesterday and as I was about to log into Mud this thread caught my eye:

Imagine my surprise when I logged in and the thread disappeared. I don't even know the OP but apparently he has me blocked from all of his content. I didn't even know that was a "thing" but it seems that it is. LOL if I click on that link it tells me something like Oops! Thread can't be found. Of course if I log out then it's there and viewable.

I'm not sure if he also has me on ignore but if not then here are a few, hopefully helpful comments @Will Van, if not then maybe it will help someone else that is looking at this truck. Regardless, good luck with your search; I hope you find something better than this one.

I saw the photos of this pickup in the "Who's the lucky Ba****d" thread and thought at the time that it had a lot of issues. I would say the above, disappearing thread only confirmed those initial impressions and more.

First and foremost and to answer one of the OPs last questions, that is not the correct instrument cluster as you suspected. Even without the Turbo light it would be the wrong cluster as the FZJ75s with dual tanks don't have a tachometer. As far as mileage, there are many 79 series for sale around 4 or 5 years old with 400K+ kilometers on them and for a 25 yo one to have less than 200K kilometers is only possible if it was wrecked early in its life. They only buy these trucks for work and they work them hard. I'm guessing way north of 500K kilometers. Cracked frames are a big issue on the older Land Cruisers of all ilks here due to the way they abuse them and something I would look hard at on this one.

The interior is cobbled together from all newish or homemade stuff. My '94 is an LX and I think at the time that only meant nicer looking, cloth door panels and seats. Maybe it also got you the inclinometer/temp gauge and the chrome roof trim but otherwise nothing. All of that can be reversed as all the parts back interchange but the door cards and seats are obviously NLA.

Regarding price, that pickup would sell for no more than 20,000 SAR in Kingdom but let's be generous and round up to $6000. The importer used RORO and not a container so that's maybe $2k. Throw in the chicken tax and US state registration and I would be surprised if they have/had more than $10K in the vehicle. Maybe $20K is a fair price given it's novelty and the fact that it's already in the US but I think whoever buys it is looking at some additional dollars to straighten it out.

Edit: One last thought, it's a myth that all vehicles from the middle east are rust free. In KSA there are plenty of rusted out vehicles on both the east and west coasts. Thankfully though most of the country is not subject to much rain and certainly no saltwater so I would say the majority are rust free, but it's not a given.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom