1991 Land Cruiser FJ80 4.0 (no low beam) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi just got around to putting new headlight bulbs on my Land Cruiser. i accidentally left the lights on the other day and the left bulb burned out. I replaced both with the Sllvania 9006. Seems like they only worked for one day and now they wont turn on. high beams work just fine, blinkers, side markers. checked fuses all are fine. heard it could be one of the fuses in the engine compartment all seem fine. any ideas???

Update: i have not checked voltage coming from bulb. Seems like the high beams decided to go today. No low or high beam. Blinkers work, dash high beam indicator works.

Before you go dawn a rabbit hole with this, did you physically look at the bulb filaments? Did you try a known good bulb?

Check original post. Yes ive double checked them both after both low/high stopped working. All filaments are intact

Check original post. Yes ive double checked them both after both low/high stopped working. All filaments are intact
Your original post is not clear.
Did you check the 2 15 amp headlight fuses in the fuse box on the left fender?
Did you check the headlight relay in the same fuse box?
Check fuses with a meter, not your eyeballs.

Do you have an aftermarket wiring harness (slee)?

Update: so everything was getting a current.. i switched the oem bulbs from my back up fjz80 into the fj80 and those worked. Seems like the silvania 9006 were drawing to much power, they burned themselves out and highs as well.

I dont have one but i did see it before. Could this be a potential fix for a better brighter light since it can handle more current?
More trouble than it's worth. Put in some HIR bulbs in all 4 positions and be done. There are many threads regarding this.

I dont have one but i did see it before. Could this be a potential fix for a better brighter light since it can handle more current?
No, I was going to say if you have one, that's your problem and take it out :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom