1991 4r brake booster to fj62... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, can you please let me know if for the installation of a 1991 4runner brake booster on a 1986 fj62, do I need anything else besides the spacer and the rotation 180 degrees of the 4 runner booster.

Last edited:
You can run it, bolts straight into a 62. A 60 would have to be careful of configurations given their LSPV is mounted on the booster. You are asking about a 62 but the picture you posted has a carburator on it? 3F non US motor or stock 60?

Last edited:
Yes, this is a 1986 fj62 3F carbureted, non USA model. I purchased a 1991 Brake booster for a 4R. How can I locate the LSPV

Read the link I posted. The booster you purchased will work.

Thank you for your input. I know this may be a shoot in the dark, but can anyone tell me by looking at the brake booster presently on my LC, if it has an internal vacuum check valve?. If it does, I will need to source out an inline vacuum check valve to install my new 4R brake booster, and if the brake booster does not have an internal check valve, then I may assume that there is an inline check valve already installed on the LC. I do not have access to the vehicle right now because is in South America.

If I need to source out an inline vacuum check valve, can someone help me with a part number?

I’ll post up in the morning hoss... you do need the external check valve as the runner booster does not have an internal or integrated check valve... also, did you verify the master to booster push rod clearance? That is a must... can’t remember the spec but it’s documented somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom