For Sale 1990 hdj81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YardPig

SILVER Star
Threads
PHOTO ALBUM HERE

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/viewthumb/18063686984-1359067325-69130/parm/page/1/15/

PRICE DROP

1990 HDJ81 VX Limited

Collection keeps growing, have my eye on some other projects, so offering this one up for sale. My wife has used it as a daily driver. Been great, filters and oil changes on time, diffs/tcase/trans have had fluid changes constantly.

1990 HDJ81
1HDT AT
Triple Locked
305,000KM(not miles)
Timing Belt Done Within last 10,000km
BEB's/Bolts Done Earlier In Life, Will Include New BEB's/Bolts
ARB Winch Bumper, OME Shocks, CoolBox/Ice Maker, Heated Seats, Manual Suede Seats, A/C, Heat Front & Rear, Sunroof, 24V Starting, Heated Fuel Filter, Radiator Blind.
18x10” Wheels, BFG AT KO's
Exhaust Swiss Cheese In Area's, Antenna Mast Broken, Driver Seat Wear Lower Bolster/Foam Worn Out (Will Include New OEM Bottom Seat Foam), Ebrake Doesn't Work, Body Far From A Cream Puff, Other Misc. Small Issues For 22 Year Old Pig.
Flick Of The Key Starts, Runs Great, Still Use It Daily
Rebuilt Title

$8000.00

Would consider parting it and shipping.

002.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited:
RHD, USA will be an issue. Another couple of years and she's be legal for importation.

RHD wouldnt be an issue for US market. I have plenty of friends that have imported RHD and drive them daily in the US. It sucks that it hasnt met the 25 year mark yet for import... I wish I could get my hands on just the 1HDT engine to retrofit into my old worn gas model FJ80....

RHD wouldnt be an issue for US market. I have plenty of friends that have imported RHD and drive them daily in the US..... It sucks that it hasnt met the 25 year mark yet for import...

Yes, this is what I was saying. I guess I should have worded it slightly different. It's the 25 year ban that is the hurdle, not the rhd, they just usually seem to go hand in hand with the trouble of importation.

I wish I could get my hands on just the 1HDT engine to retrofit into my old worn gas model FJ80....

You can, I will part it out in my shop here (or your welcome to come and part it with me) and you can take the drivetrain back with you, or I can ship it.

Bought another Cruiser, Price drop, $8000 drives it away.

this is very very nice!

I have 3 RHD toyota landcruiser,surf,town ace here in california my self.

Hello , Yardpig, If decided to part it out, im interested with the tire and wheels, please let me know.
thanks, jc

It transports Christmas tree's well with the family.

120711_161300-0.jpg

120711_161400-0.jpg

Would consider trade towards Sequoia 02-06 Limited.

Too many 80 series in this family!

Interested in part trade from a 1994 Toyota 4Runner plus some cash ?
4runner2005_zpsb8a2da90.jpg

4runner2004_zpsa9bd8db6.jpg

4runner2003_zpsb0d733aa.jpg

That's a good looking ride, and I would say maybe, but not enough seats for the amount of bums I need to move around.

I will keep that in mind, but until I sell the drivetrain or the entire truck, I will refrain from parting out the rest. Thanks!

Whats the story behind the rebuilt title? Any better photos of the body clean and interior wear? I am looking for an hdj81 and its looking like I need to fly out west and drive one home.

Whats the story behind the rebuilt title? Any better photos of the body clean and interior wear? I am looking for an hdj81 and its looking like I need to fly out west and drive one home.

Hi. I bought it from private insurance, it had some damage in the front, so it was salvage, I rebuilt it. The body as stated is far from perfect, west coast pin stripes (branch scratches), paint chips, roof clear peeling, has small amount of surface rust on one or two doors down low on the edge, rust bubble around the rear quarter glass seam, right fender and hood is dark green (never got around to painting them). Interior wear is the drivers seat has the outer seam seperating and the foam is dissenigrating. I have a new oem seat cushion lower for it included. The outer door handles are light grey primer, as all the factory paint has chipped off them (common). I believe I listed all the other defects in the post, if you would like better pictures, I can do so within the next week or so if you send me your email address, as everything is covered in snow and my shop is full of projects right now. It's an $8000.00 HDJ81.

Shawn

Shawn,
I'm interested in the drivetrain (Engine, trans's, and both axles) as I can't bring the entire rig in yet. I'm in San Diego..let me know.

Correction: I see this is RHD, which my 56 is. Let me know if it's still available, as I I can use the majority of the vehicle (just don't want to deal with bringing it across the border).

Thanks, Steve.. 606-224-1346

Last edited:
Man I'd hate to see this thing parted..

How much work would it be to get this old girl saftied? Would you trust her for a trip across Canada?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom