For Sale 1990 FJ62, 169k miles, very original, second owner; Portland, OR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Asking $9,500, pretty firm. More pics ›› 1990 FJ62 Story

Bought this only about 6 months ago to replace my 80-series (which I thought I was giving to my daughter); that's since changed. I love my 80, and so unfortunately I have to sell as I can't afford to have two LCs.

Very original condition FJ62. Bought it from the first and original owner who lives in Bend, OR. Wagon was originally in South Dakota for some of its early years which I think led to the rust at the bottom of the front fenders. That's the only rust on any panel, and the frame is nice and solid. For me, those two small areas were not a big deal; easily fixable should I have wanted to do so.

Paint is original, though prev owner had hood and (maybe) fenders painted early on when a tree fell on the hood. Paint is very “okay”... well, with a plenty of "patina." I happen to like it a little well-worn as it is.

All chrome trim pieces are intact and in great shape. Original Toyota glass all around, even windshield (though it has a couple of stars in it, neither of which have spread.) Original everything, which after nearly 30 years, means not perfect. Dash is perfect though, no cracks. Headliner perfect. Carpet good. Seats good, except drivers w/ a little tear.

In the six months or so its been with me, I have installed, added, or had done:

- rebuilt front axle

- new tie rod ends

- new stock spec springs front and rear, built by Oregon Auto Spring in Portland

- NEW TOYOTA MUDFLAPS, front and rear. (You know how unobtanium the fronts are for these 60’s!)

- new Toyota power antenna mech and mast

- new Toyota windshield wiper arms, front and back

- new battery; Les Schwab

- new Pioneer stereo (nothing fancy; fits the look of the dash); original stock stereo included, but doesnt work

- 5 new Toyo Open Country A/T II tires, 31x10.50

- new interior LED overhead lights

- new LED marker lights and turn signal flashers

- new headlight harness from SLJFJ62; its amazing

- new HELLA H4, H1 headlights; now you can actually SEE at night!

To do's:

- replace all 4 speakers; I have brand new Punch speakers for the front doors for you

- fix master window switch-- its the relay at the bottom (see this thread: FJ62 Drivers Power Window (AutoDown) Relay Fix ); very doable

- add relays to power door locks and four windows-- I have these relays for you; also very doable (see this thread: Power Windows and Door Locks--Permanent Fix! )

- replace oxygen sensors—I have both of these (Denso) for you; CEL comes on when it gets hot, but all still runs fine

- replace front windshield gasket; I have OEM Toyota gasket--with trim channel--for you (I didn't do it because I didn't want glass to break, and it might...)

- replace front seat cushions; I have them from SOR

- replace driver's side seat cover-- with NEW OEM style fabric (such a score!), included, also from SOR

- resolve sticky rear door light switches (sometimes triggers the interior lights when doors are opened; usually doesnt.)

- whatever else bugs you

Sad, sad, sad to let this go. It needs a garage and someone with time and patience to get it back to 110%.

Please let it live somewhere without salted roads and with someone who keeps it tastefully upgraded-stock. Amen.

Last edited:
SOLD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom