eBay 1989 FJ62 in San Francisco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been shopping around for a FJ62 as a daily driver and found this posted on ebay near me.

1989 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

Buy it now is $28,500. I'm new to the Land Cruiser world and have noticed that prices are all over the place. I plan to check out the car with a mechanic friend of mine and assuming that the seller is telling the truth about rust; and its mechanically sound to drive daily (with occasional fixes/maintenance) what would be a fair price for it?

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
It's worth whatever the market will bear. But pretty close to the asking price IMO.

What is odd is the engine fittings- there is surface rust, some showing a lot, that are not indicative of a truly rust free truck. Example is the top of the AC hoses or the PS pump, I don't see that on the rust free trucks I have/had. It makes me think someone used a cleaning solution on it that exacerbated it. The nuts and bolts look good but that rust shows on just some of the fittings.

Yes that corrosion is odd. Almost like a battery exploded or off-gassed. Note the batt connection isn’t real clean either. I would def want to see undercarriage pics before buying. Also it appears by the description they’ve painted it? That’s always throws a flag for me since any rust can be covered and then claimed to be “rust free”. The undercarriage will tell however.

link no work?

She is very nice, but no undercarriage pictures would be a reason I would not bid. The seller should provide those.

As for the rust on the hoses and other stuff, I would agree an aggressive degreaser was used.

Overall, looks like a pretty clean, well kept truck. If this was on BAT, it would probably meet the reserve I would think.

Looks like Brian Corsetti's username. But he's in LA/Bev Hills. Maybe he's selling for a friend? He usually includes pics of the undercarriage too. Could the rusty fittings be from salt air??

I reached out to him recently seeing if he could find me one. He told me was refurbing a two tone FJ62 and I told him I'm from SF. I think this is it. Could be he posted it here because of me? Out of my price range though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom