1989 FJ62 3F carburetor and electronic (modern) ignition system (1 Viewer)

Hi Everyone,
I'm from Turkey.
My car is 1989 FJ62 3F
There are two questions I need the answers

Q1- Can I convert my 3F engine to electronic ignition or even if there is an EFI conversion available? What kind of part do I need for belowed.
Could someone have tried it before?

Q2- Is there a proper carb system like weber, Holly or should I buy new 3F carb .

Seth S

SILVER Star

So you have points type of distributor now? I think you could get the distributor and components from a 3FE engine for electronic ignition. There is a product made by Holley called Sniper that is an efi conversion that many people on here have done to their 2F engines with happy results.

I have had good luck with the Pertronix hall effect electronic ignition in the '76 Fj40 with the 2F. Stay away from the Comp cams/FAST electronic ignition systems. I had one of the FAST XR700 electronic ignition systems on the Fj when I purchased it. These have an led type of trigger that I experienced burning out leaving me stranded. Replaced the led and it burned up again in a few miles. I have used the Pertronix in many vehicles with 100% success. From my 1963 230 cubic inch flat head Dodge M37 on up. The Pertronix runs around $90-110 depending on application.

FJ40 distributor.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom